PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bend

SS7
02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Hello everyone...

I am glad to have found this great sight and plan to learn alot from more experienced Koke fishers. So be patient with me as my questions may seem silly at times.movie

I have fished for these wily little guys with my dad in Cali and now I have been living in what I feel is some great area for these fish plan to do alot more.

I have plans to enter a few derbies down in cali and here in oregon this yr.
fencing
So if you see me going in circles chasing a fish a down rigger and the motor in a a little 12 ft aluminum boat, wave and laugh with me later. tooexcited

yes there is a story behind that laugh hyst

B

SilverBullets
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Welcome aboard SS!thumbsup This is a great Kokanee Forum, lots of experience here. Hope to see you again up at Paulina... Gary(Silver Bullets)

SS7
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes this time I may pull up a little closer to see the secrets

Bob

Petty4life
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
welcome ss7thumbsup

Kokaholic
02-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Welcome aboard SS7

HiTechKoke
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey SS7 - Welcome aboard. What derbies will you try to fish in California? I'm going to see if I can make it up to an Oregon KP derby this year as well, maybe Green Peter.

Kevin

Hello everyone...

I am glad to have found this great sight and plan to learn alot from more experienced Koke fishers. So be patient with me as my questions may seem silly at times.movie

I have fished for these wily little guys with my dad in Cali and now I have been living in what I feel is some great area for these fish plan to do alot more.

I have plans to enter a few derbies down in cali and here in oregon this yr.
fencing
So if you see me going in circles chasing a fish a down rigger and the motor in a a little 12 ft aluminum boat, wave and laugh with me later. tooexcited

yes there is a story behind that laugh hyst

B

Fallriverguy
02-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Good to see another Bend area person on board.

Kokonuts
02-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Hello , Glad to have another "NEW" Kokanee addict!
And we cant wait to hear "The Rest Of The Story"
thumbsup...............Kokonuts

SS7
02-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Now for the rest of the story....

I was trolling using my little electric trolling motor down the channel on Wickiup last summer. I let out about 12 pulls of line so about 35 ft and was flatlining behind the boat,when the pole went nuts. I started to reel in this fish, it had to be huge with the fight going on. As i reel in slowly the boat motor turns and the boat proceeds to start a small circle in the smaller channel.
Now picture 1 guy reeling in, trying to keep the motor straight with his foot while reeling in what must be moby dicks little brother. I happen to glance over and some guy fly fishing from the bank has stopped to watch as well as two people in lawn chairs. Everything went in slow motion, got tunnel vision as my cheeks turned bright red and me leaning back to reel in and steer with a foot.

Well I did what I remember to be at least one complete circle before I finally got the fish to the boat. Now the fun begins as I have a net on a 6ft pole.

I managed to kill the motor and using a overhand wrap on the net pole get the fish into the boat. It wasnt moby dicks little brother but it was a nice 17" brown trout caught on a kokanee pole and light test.

That was the 2nd fish I have ever caught in that boat.
All I can say is good thing i didnt have the downrigger down too

Bob

Bduck
02-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Welcome SS7. Put the Gorge on your places to fish. You won't be disappointed.

SilverBullets
02-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey SS7, that's a great story. I think we've all had a day like that. The way you described it, I felt like I was right there with you!thumbsup That reminds me of a day we had up at Paulina Lake last year. We were the first ones out on the water that morning. Couldn't wait to get the set-ups down, I went to get Dad's ready, and the wire started to come undone on the spool...creating a bird's nest, and getting stuck. The only thing I could do was to cut the wire and re-rig the downrigger with new hardware. Got it fixed after a few choice words, and got it down to depth. I then went to get mine ready, and the same #*%$ thing happened! I couldn't believe it, what were the odds? We've never had that happen before, and hasn't happened since. I must of spent a good 1/2 hour fixing them, by then the morning bite was darn near over with. laugh hyst