PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge Itch

CurlysLures
02-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Hello everyone just checking in to say hi. I don't know about the rest of you but I have the fever to get my boat unwinterized and get on the gorge for some kokes. What is the earliest that you all have been successful fishing for kokes after ice off?

Propnut69
02-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I got the itch to hit some open water myself.Just the morning I was making a list of what I need to do to get the boat ready.. Basically just waiting for the ice to leave. The earliest that I have ever caught kokes was May 3rd three years ago. I remember that cuz it was my daughters birthday. We usually catch a few small ones up in the coves,when fishing for rainbows in the spring..Last year it seemed like it took them longer to get into the main body of the lake,but once they did,they seemed to hold longer in the same area.Like any good koke fisherman,I have some new shiny stuff that I'm wanting to drag around.It will interesting to see what effect the burbot have had upon the kokanee.

Kokaholic
02-11-2009, 07:08 PM
I am going to work on my boat right now. Later thumbsup

AFDan52
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
If this Darn snow would stop I'd be able to start work on my boat for this year.

Digi-Troller
02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
To answer the question, the earliest we've caught kokes "after ice off" is around March 15th. As the ice was retreating. But we've caught plenty before ice off too. Hopefully we can get up there this year to ice fish... but, its not looking like we're going to be able to.

bobco
02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I read somewhere that Lucurne is open with open water at swim beach, so why not now? I would of course get side tracked and start chasing Macs :)