PDA

View Full Version : Dna scents

Kokanee Kid
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Was wondering if any of you boys down south have heard of or used this scent?
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Chuck-the-duck1/Picture001.jpg
I myself have used all kinds of scent, this is my new favorite by far, and its a gel. Rub it on a lure or dogger and it stays on. I also scent my corn with it and out fish other koke fishermen on most days thumbsup

Fallriverguy
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I saw that the other day in the store and wondered how it worked. It is in the same container as ProCure scents so I wonder if it is made by them with a DNA sticker on it.

AFDan52
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I was reading about this stuff just the other day and got to wondering about it , but I think that I am going to stick with what I know works right now.

SilverBullets
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I saw that the other day in the store and wondered how it worked. It is in the same container as ProCure scents so I wonder if it is made by them with a DNA sticker on it.

Yep, the container says: formulated for dick nite spoons by pro-cure bait scents inc. The dick nite web site says after realizing that kokanee fisherman were destroying the lures action with the use of corn, they decided to come out with a scent to use with their lures...

SuperD
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Yep, the container says: formulated for dick nite spoons by pro-cure bait scents inc. The dick nite web site says after realizing that kokanee fisherman were destroying the lures action with the use of corn, they decided to come out with a scent to use with their lures...

That's hilarious. They thought that fishermen would quit using corn? laugh hyst Or some other media to carry the scent?

Beautiful kokes in the picture BTW.

SilverBullets
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
That's hilarious. They thought that fishermen would quit using corn? laugh hyst Or some other media to carry the scent?

Beautiful kokes in the picture BTW.

Sounds like they just wanted to come up with a way to maintain the lures action, while adding scent attractant properties. I'll have to give that scent a try... thanks for sharing! Those are some nice koks Kokanee Kid, are they from Merwin?thumbsup

Kokanee Kid
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Those fish are from Clear, never fished merwin..............yet.
I have tried some experiments, me using DNA on corn and dogger, and other rod other stuff like kokanee special, anise, shad gel. etc. And what I found is I have not been out fish by other scents. The only "kokanee" scent I have not tried is carp spit, and it's oly cause I can't find it up here. The great thing, like I said before, it's a gel and it sticks to you lure, bait, dogger, etc.

Kokehead
02-02-2009, 06:26 PM
The only "kokanee" scent I have not tried is carp spit, and it's oly cause I can't find it up here..

Carp spit is about all I use. And not just for kokanee, it has not let me down while targeting even warm water fish. If you can't find up your way, you can order it on their website.

Kokanee Killer
02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
looks good i may have to try it out east here nice kokes in photo maaaaaaan great eats right there gutted wrapped in foil,turn on gas grill enjoytongue2

Kokaholic
02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
maaaaaaan great eats right there gutted wrapped in foil,turn on gas grill enjoytongue2

Dont forget the cole slaw and Deep fried beer batter onion rings
tongue2worthy12thumbsup

Fallriverguy
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I was just at the Sportsman's Warehouse and opened a bottle off DNA scent. It looked a lot like Carp Spit. So I opened a bottled of Carp Spit and could not really tell the difference between the two. As far as I could tell they did not smell different, but that is not saying much because of my challenged olfactory system. The Carp Spit was slightly darker in color, but that could be due to batching variations.

SilverBullets
02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I picked up a bottle of the DNA there a couple days ago, and on the label it says it's got corn, shrimp, krill, & anise in it. The pro-cure site says the carp spit is similar to kok special, with the addition of ground up night crawlers. That could explain the color difference...

Fallriverguy
02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Good call. I was in a hurry and did not study the label...Doh.