PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee Class in Sisters

Kokonuts
01-27-2009, 02:30 PM
I just got word of a Class for Kokanee Fisherman being held sometime in April in Sisters. This will be the second year for the class & from the reports that I've had will be a lot of fun well worth the trip. The "Instructor" will be Mike Manske who has been fishing Central Or. since the early 70s & wrote an article on Kokanee for the "Salmon, Trout & Steelhead" magazine last April.
For those of you interested I will keep you posted! I am thinking of taking my boat over & spend a day or two fishing at one of the nearby lakes!
Kokonuts thumbsup

Fallriverguy
01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
The class is being instructed by, new to this forum, Moknots. It is a fun class.

SilverBullets
01-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Having attended last years seminars, I would recommend it to anyone just starting out or wanting to learn some new technics. Lots of hands on lure and equipment demonstrations, and a variety of topics discussed. thumbsup

Kokanee Slow
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Sounds like just what I need. I'm brand new to koke fishing and need to learn a lot to enhance my catch rate (and fun). Have a small fiberglass boat and live in La Pine. I really enjoy grilled fish and like to smoke them as well...yummm!

BlackTalon
02-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Is the class being held in Sisters? I had thought it was going to be in Bend somewhere. I have been thinking about going. If he does it in one class on Friday evening it would be great to get out Saturday morning and practice.

Evan

Kokonuts
02-11-2009, 01:10 AM
I am still waiting for the final word on the class, it looks like it will be on a Fri. nite for 4 hours.

As soon as I know for sure I will post it here!.....Kokonuts thumbsup

Kokonuts
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Kokanee Class willbe Fri. April 17th. From 6 to 10 Pm
Cost is $29 Send me a PM if interested. The class is filling upm fast!

Kokaholic
02-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Hey Guys, I just moved this post to here from the General board.

Thansks

Kokaholic

Kokonuts
02-28-2009, 12:09 AM
How many of you signed up for the class? I am planning on going early Fri. to test the water, & fishing Sat. & maybe Sun. if the fishing is ok. I hope to see you all there!
thumbsup....Kokonuts

SilverBullets
02-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Just got a e-mail confirming a seat. See you there!movie

Kokonuts
02-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I will be going to the class & fishing on Sat. "IF" the weather allows. I have a couple of empty seats for anyone who is going! Send a PM if you want to fish with me...........
thumbsup.........KOKONUTS

twisted lines
03-06-2009, 09:59 PM
How many of you signed up for the class? I am planning on going early Fri. to test the water, & fishing Sat. & maybe Sun. if the fishing is ok. I hope to see you all there!
thumbsup....Kokonuts

Im in!!!!!!!!!

BlackTalon
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I am in and may have a seat to share. Talk with you later.

Evan

Fallriverguy
03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I'll be there and look forward to meeting you all.

DLM
03-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I will be there Friday morning sometime and then on Saturday with one open seat in my boat.

I hope the ramp is not snowplowed closed like it was last year, but then this year it may not snow as late into the spring. If it is not accessable then I guess we just sit around and lie to each other.laugh hyst

Kokonuts
04-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Its almost here ! Next Fri is the class at Suttle Lake And Fishing on Sat.
Who Is going & Who has open seats?

I'll see you There!!.......thumbsup......Kokonuts

BlackTalon
04-13-2009, 08:14 PM
I will be there. I have a 17'Alumaweld and will be by myself as of now. I don't have a lot of experience but willing to let someone tag along. PM if you are interested or catch up to me in class.

Evan Harris

SilverBullets
04-18-2009, 02:25 PM
The class was a complete success! I met around 9 Kokanee Fishing Forum Members at last night's class (all 35 or so that attended are also member's of a local fishing forum here in Oregon). It was held on the 2ND floor of the rustic Suttle Lake Lodge with a spectacular view over looking the entire lake...what a setting! Mike Mansker (Moknots) who wrote a excellent article in STS magazine last year on kokanee fishing taught the class for the second year in a row. Also, a special thanks to Brian (fallriverguy) and Russ (nwsoftball) for helping with the class. The discussion was very informative and got in depth on the technique of trolling and jigging. The lure, rod, and scent demonstrations were everywhere! Gifts were supplied by a variety of different tackle manufacturers including Seps, Rocky Mountain Tackle, Hot Spot, Mack's, Shasta Tackle, Gibbs, Gamakatsu, Pro Cure, and custom jigs made by Twisted Lines and Aufish 101. I attended last years seminars also, and they just keep getting better every year! thumbsup

Kokonuts
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Just as Silver Bullets as said the class was really fun! I met a lot of the people that I've been talking with on line and everyone was given several Fishing Lures from most all the best Kokanee Manufactures!!!

About all I can add is Thanks to everyone who worked on the class & especially Mike M. Also a BIG Thank You to Evan ( Black Talon ) for taking me along with him in his boat!!! We had a great time on Sat. even though the Kokanee werent biting, I did get my first Brown Trout while trolling 1 of Garys ( Aufish) jigs, it was a real blast!

thumbsup......Kokonuts