PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Scent Holdes?

oldguysrule
01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
I have seen recent post about using berkley scent holders.Can anyone tell me where to find them? Do they work on the troll gear.worthy12:confused:

SilverBullets
01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I got the pro-cure scent dispenser. click on the Quick links at the top of the discussion forum, and check out the pro-cure site. Click on misc. products and go to the bottom of the page. I have it rigged up to either attach to the downrigger ball, or to the end of the ball trolls. Will be trying it out for the first time this season.thumbsup

AFDan52
01-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I have some of the Pro-Cure Scent dispensers also and will try them out later this year.

SuperD
01-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I have seen recent post about using berkley scent holders.Can anyone tell me where to find them? Do they work on the troll gear.worthy12:confused:

The Berkeley scent holders I've used were from Berkeley spinners I bought at Wal Mart. I disassembled the scent cage from the spinner and use it with hootchies and tubes.

http://www.great-lakes.org/graphics-2/scent%20vent%20spinner.jpg

Trophy Taker
01-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I have found them at "Walmart" and "Sportsmans Warehouse". Yes they can be used with trolling gear. The package recommends you slip your line down through the top, then out of the bottom through a small bead (included) and tie off onto a snap swivel. Then you hook your favorite trolling rig onto that. In tournament fishing where time is the one thing you don't have enough of, they are a pain to deal with. I use alot of "hootchie rigs" and don't like putting scent on my squids (it makes'em brittle). To combat that, I will pre-tie the scent dispensor onto a section wire spinner rigs then I can change them out fast and easy. I use them to identify the "flavor of the day", because of their small size they don't hold alot of scent unlike the pro-cure scent holders which hold a lot. I will run a different scent on each line until I figure out the "flavor of the day". When I find the "active" or "hot" scent, I will then put the pro-cure scent holder, filled with the hot pro-cure scent then run it. If you use planner boards or outriggers the berkeleys are perfect.

oldguysrule
01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks,I will try to find some this weekend. The spinner rig looks like a very nice way to use these.