PDA

View Full Version : Kabin Fever Strikes Again!

Kokonuts
12-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Snowed in here in Portland so I had to do something!
Check out the "Fishing Lures II" in my album.

The first picture is some wedding ring styles on wire that I have been fooling with. I wanted a way to use a second hook & I saw someone use a clevis & hook so I thought I would give it a try. These are made up with some hooks that I had on hand so I might change them. I also tried out some Heat Shrink tube to see how it would look. It makes sort of a tail on the end.

The next couple of pictures are some " Ball Trolls" about 6-7ft long & some shorter "Attractors" that I made up using "Berkley Steelon Nylon Coated Wire". It comes in several different sizes. I am using the 45lb. test .028 in dia. The 15lb test is .021 in dia. & they come in a 30 ft spool. Its very flexible & the black nylon coating is great! I used the Spin & Glows so the combinations are endless! thumbsup

Kokaholic
12-22-2008, 10:20 PM
I like those ball trolls. They look pretty sharp. I look forward to see how they do for you in June at The gorge

Petty4life
12-22-2008, 10:30 PM
wish i had the talent to do that when i get cabin fever. LOLworthy12

Kokaholic
12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Petty, I think we can get some lessons this summer at the gorge while were enjoying a cold drink after a dinner of kokes,onion rings and cole slaw!worthy12thumbsup

SilverBullets
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
That's some good looking stuff right there Kokonuts! I need to start doing that myself. Right now I'm making up some custom jigs, and retying some of the lures that got alot of use last year. Stay safe, this snows gotta end some time...right?:confused:

Digi-Troller
12-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Good looking setups! I used to prepare rigs during the winter too... but, then I took up ice fishing. Between that and duck hunting I just haven't put any time into my koke trolling gear this winter. Its nice to not get cabin fever ever, but come April I will not be nearly as prepared as I used to be! LOL Oh well.

HiTechKoke
12-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Good looking stuff Kokonuts and lots of ideas there to play with next season. I've been getting cabin fever in Salem with all the snow and ice while on Christmas vacation visiting relatives. I'm going to have make my trip to mecca (Sportsman's Warehouse) to stock up on experimental gear for the 09 seasons they have a good supply of interesting gear. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

MackPrince
12-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Hey Nuts.. I've got the fever, but I can't afford the cabin. We'll have to swap some ideas if we can ever make it to the lake this winter.
Hmmm, maybe I'll need to make a special Christmas Eve run to JoAnn fabrics to "get the wife a stocking stuffer", they are conveniently located right next to Sportsman's. ;)

Kokonuts
12-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Hello Mack
Merry Christmas!.
Be carefull at the Sportsman !....I dont know when I'll be able to get up to the Lake, they have a LOT of snow now!

I am making up a few more thing so when we can get up to the lake we can put our heads together & come up with something really special!