PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow Kokaholics

GVF
12-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey all I just found your site and hope to enjoy reading and posting here

Im California born and raised and love to fish.

I am located in Garden Valley near Sac and fish the high mtm lakes around here. I use my own custom tackle on the trout and kokes.

Kokaholic
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Welcome aboard GVF. Glad you found us. We are all into the kokes and sharing ways of making our fishing experiences better. As you can see most folks around here are pretty good with sharing their tricks and info. Look forward to seeing your posts and maybe a few pics of some of your own tackle.

Kokaholic

SilverBullets
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Wecome GVF! Looking forward to your reports... thumbsup

Kokonuts
12-15-2008, 01:51 AM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your custom tackle.

Petty4life
12-15-2008, 04:32 AM
welcome to the site GVF. Nice to have more California guy on here.

AFDan52
12-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Hello GVF, and Welcome to thr Forum. Alot of good folks in here and great information also. Looking forward to reading your posts.thumbsup

GVF
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks I am looking forward to seeing all those big Kokes from the mid west I havent seen too many big ones here in Cali

Heres a sample of a new color bug I made for 09"I can make it in a spin bug also

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=191&stc=1&d=1229373028

This is a glitter bug for 09'
http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=192&stc=1&d=1229373671

I have been after the trout for now and I make lures for all kinds of fish. Hope to try it out in some of your lakes.

Kokonuts
12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Nice Work! Are you making lures for sale or just your own use?

HiTechKoke
12-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Welcome Aboard GVF and those are some great looking bugs and bug spinner. Let me know what your favorite lakes are as it looks like UVR is your closest Kokanee spot.

GVF
12-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks Kokonuts I build most all my lures I use and yes I do sell them

Thanks HiTechKoke I fish Hell Hole alot and New Malonies for the Kokes Berryessa, Pardee,Folsom Still need to fish Stampede and Boca and Donner.Best lake this year for me was New Malonies but I do think all the lakes were off due to the short plants 3 years ago.

Kokanee Wizard
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi, I'm in California and I've been fishing for Kokanee for about 8 years. I fish primarily Lake Berryessa, New Melones and Pardee. I made it out to Flaming Gorge this past year and intend to make it back again in 2009. I hope I can add some good reports and a helpful thought from time to time.

Petty4life
12-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Welcome KW, Looking forward to your reports

Kokaholic
12-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes sir Kw welcome aboard. if you made it up here to FG, Your hooked then on these fish compared to your guys kokes.

SilverBullets
12-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Hello and Wecome Kokanee Wizard!:)

GVF
12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi, I'm in California and I've been fishing for Kokanee for about 8 years. I fish primarily Lake Berryessa, New Melones and Pardee. I made it out to Flaming Gorge this past year and intend to make it back again in 2009. I hope I can add some good reports and a helpful thought from time to time.
Hello my friend I see you made it.
The Koke wizard is the reason I fish for Kokes and has been a great teacher

Digi-Troller
12-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Pretty good influx of California talent here. Welcome guys! GVF... I've seen some of your stuff on kokaneemart. I like the looks of your Lil Draggins. Kind of a mini J Plug. How small are they? I may have to add the Red Head, and Pink Hot Tale to my arsenal. Also, I love the single Siwash hook for pre spawn kokes.

GVF
12-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Digi Troller Thanks for the kind words.The lures that Ric has are the last of that style and I dont make them anymore I have gone to a different style plug You may want to order one soon.
http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=194&stc=1&d=1229565513
I dont use eye screws any more and the lure is free to run up the line and stay away from the fish in hopes he dosent use the lure to shake free.The hooks can be single or tandem on this lure and beads to lengthen the hook placement.

Digi-Troller
12-18-2008, 12:36 AM
You know what... I like the new ones. For early season kokes (when the mouths are real soft) its a huge advantage to have the lure slide up out of the way. That leverage can kill you at times! Not as much of an issue later in the season when the mouths firm up, but that plug could easily be fitted with one of my late season Siwash hooks (I have several leaders tied and ready at all times so I can make quick changes if I notice a nic, or break a hook off). Does Ric have the new ones yet?

GVF
12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
No Ric has only seen a few of these as we tried them at Eagle they got hit but we could'nt stick any Eagle lake trout with those.
I have been real successful on trout with these in the high mtn lakes but in the lower lakes not as well. Last year(08) I had better success on my spinners but the apex bite was way down and these swim alot like an apex.

Kokehead83
02-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I have fished with you at UVR before i got to put an order in for some of you plugs those dragins youhave look great.

Ben