PDA

View Full Version : july 3rd and 5th report

JIGGIT
07-05-2008, 07:53 PM
fished buckboard thursday limmted up quick with good fish. first time ive fished with riggers by myself. went to pull the boat out and bearings were gone. had to drive to green river for parts. took the hub with me. guy mngr at napa hooks me up. drive the 35 back to holmes crossing where i was. start to dig in and ive been sold the wrong bearings. it getting late i have to book it back. call while im driving talk the mngr on the phone he starts to give me crap. i get there and he left. leaving some young young dude to assist. wrong stuff again. when i get bach. so ashley and i butcher it to get back to his place where i was staying. 20 mph no fun!!! didnt fish at all friday some other stuff was going on. but decided to risk it and hit lucern and drive the boat to buck. got there and right off started to nail good fish. 2hrs later we are done and off to chase mack,s. tons of small fish 6 to 15 hitting on the drop on and on the bottom. so i get to run back now for my boat after i hit the dealer for the right dang stuff. ash hit a 5.2 this mourning. my best was 4.4 smallest 3.6. nice hard fighting jumping fish with good sholders.

Petty4life
07-05-2008, 10:34 PM
problems while fishing the gorge i know all about them, flat tire first trip of the year for me and had to buy 2 tires in green River. 2nd trip made it home and found antifreeze leaking in my driveway. something had flipped up in my rrad fan and punchared 15 holes in my radiator. Thanks for the report Ken and that Ash guy one hell of a good guy and a great cook.thumbsup

Digi-Troller
07-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Thats too bad about your troubles, but it is good to hear you got into some fish anyways. Ash is a hell of a mac fisherman, and knows a thing or two about kokes as well. Any pics of the 5.2? I'm heading up on Monday night to spend 4 or 5 days. I hope there are a few 5's left!

Thanks for the report!

JIGGIT
07-06-2008, 10:22 AM
ash is 1 hell of a great guy and my good freind. met on bft 4 yrs ago. he has many tallents. cooking his fish is good. buthe made us some chicken chimmy,s o my heck... and his veiw from the portch dont suck either. lol no pic,s. of his fish but i got a few of my son with his fish. ill get them up soon.

Full_Monte
09-17-2008, 11:09 PM
After an experience like yours with boat trailer bearings, I keep an extra set in the truck. You can't plan for every eventuality, but trailer bearings do go. I grease up my bearing buddies every time before I put the boat in the water. Change them every four years or so. This is one maintenance item that will bite you every time if you don't plan for it.