PDA

View Full Version : Hole in the Water

Petty4life
11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
I bought my boat a couple weeks ago and bought one all set up for jigging for macks and trolling for kokanee. Seams like every time i turn around im dumping more money into accessory's. This isnt my first boat infact its my 4th in the last 8yrs. But its been my most expensive so far and i havent even had it on the water yet.laugh hyst

Full_Monte
11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Some guys change boats more often than others change their shorts....

Kokonuts
11-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Soooooo Whatcha putting on it???

Petty4life
11-17-2008, 08:55 PM
new downriggers, scotty 1116 electrics, upgrading the sonar to a LCX-27c sonar/gps, replaced all the rod holders with scotty's. adding more tie downs and a bow scotty ancor system, taking the leaning post off the bow and putting a regular boat seat on. I'll post pic of my additions soon.

Propnut69
11-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Well,, you know boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand. thumbsup

Digi-Troller
11-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Looking forward to seeing some pics Jason!

halojm
11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Told you so. Care to guess how much has gone into mine since I got it.

Petty4life
11-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Told you so. Care to guess how much has gone into mine since I got it.

don't even want to guess, I've been buying for a few months now in anticipation on getting the boat.

Kokonuts
11-20-2008, 07:31 PM
I notice that you are installing a bow anchor, is that for the gorge?
I am also fitting my boat with some extra stuff!

MackPrince
11-20-2008, 10:54 PM
The first photos look nice Petty. Ahh, the joys of boat ownership.

Step one- Look all over for a boat with all the features you want.
Step two- Once the dream boat is in posession begin looking for new gadgits.
Step three- New gadgits slowly overtake boat and you resume looking for a bigger boat with all the features you want.

Petty4life
11-20-2008, 11:06 PM

Step three- New gadgits slowly overtake boat and you resume looking for a bigger boat with all the features you want.

ain't that the truth

Petty4life
11-20-2008, 11:49 PM
I notice that you are installing a bow anchor, is that for the gorge?
I am also fitting my boat with some extra stuff!

I will use the ancor at many lakes when the wind is to much for the bowmount motor

Full_Monte
11-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Ha! I guess you guys all know that everyone who owns a boat thinks it's three feet too short...

My boat options are limited to the size of my parking spot. It's between the garage and the fence on the property line. I have about 1 inch of clearance on both sides and have to hand-roll the trailer out of the spot to hook it up to the truck.

Petty4life
11-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Ha! I guess you guys all know that everyone who owns a boat thinks it's three feet too short...

My boat options are limited to the size of my parking spot. It's between the garage and the fence on the property line. I have about 1 inch of clearance on both sides and have to hand-roll the trailer out of the spot to hook it up to the truck.

I was looking to buy bigger but a bigger boat wouldnt have fit in my garage and i figure if i have a garage i might as well use it.

HiTechKoke
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Pictures! We want pictures! tongue2 Stop teasing us.

TrophyBoat
11-21-2008, 11:11 PM
You know what BOAT stands for right????

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

Petty4life
11-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Pictures! We want pictures! tongue2 Stop teasing us.

there are pictures of what it looked like when i bought it on the boats, boats, boats thread. as soon as i get my downriggers and mounted ill take more pictures

Petty4life
01-29-2009, 11:07 PM
ive jumped the gun alittle and upgraded my bow mount to a minn kota v2 50lb thrust and changed my mind on the downriggers i was going to get scotty 1116's but now am just getting 1106's scottys. will have them next week

Kokanee Killer
01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
lol guys i still fish out of a old 14 ft seanymph probably 20 yrs old lots of fish hauled over her rails,someday i would like to upgrade though petty sounds like your gonna have fun with your new boatthumbsup

Petty4life
01-30-2009, 09:09 AM
lol guys i still fish out of a old 14 ft seanymph probably 20 yrs old lots of fish hauled over her rails,someday i would like to upgrade though petty sounds like your gonna have fun with your new boatthumbsup

well my boat just turned 20 this last year. and this is the newest boat ive ever owned. kinda nice having a boat that isn't older then me. LOL... It's also my first fiberglass boat. I'm partial to aluminum but for the money it was what i could afford. thumbsup

twisted lines
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
If you put the boat outside it will help with the urge to fill the hole.......I have converted my first scotty 1116 into a 1106 if your interested in the dual rod holder, its taking space and I'm sure we could work something out.