PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Mesh No Snag Net

Lundman
06-27-2008, 05:58 PM
This year at one of those 10% off sales at sportsman's I made the jump from a nylon net to an extendable handle - no snag - rubber mesh net.

I have tried it many times this year and have been truely amazed with the way the fish act in the net. I believe it puts MUCH less stress on the fish and your lure doesn't hang up allowing for quick release. The net does weigh a little more but the assests offset the weight issue.

I still will reach down with the pliers and un-hook fish I am going to release but sometimes this isn't possible.

What's do others think about the various styles of nets they use??

Petty4life
06-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Rubber net baby all the way and the extendable handle makes it even better, i do like the octigon handles better then the round, no messing around when extending it trying to find the whole it extends perfact every time. i have one and dont even own a boat. i take it with me when the person im fishing with doesnt have one

Kokehead
06-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Another vote for rubber nets, Thats all I use with all methods of fishing.

Propnut69
06-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh yea,I love my rubber net. Probable one of the best things that I ever put on my boat.

macscabin
06-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I switched two years ago. I love them it is much easier to unhook the fish and faster to release them.

AFDan52
06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
I've had my Rubber net for a while now now and i will never have anything else.

Kokaholic
06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
I have both. I use my rubber net 90% of the time. Its the only way to go.

wiperhunter
06-30-2008, 01:36 AM
That is all I use also but I do have a really big nylon net for the big lakers.thumbsup

jedburton
07-18-2008, 01:46 AM
I have been using the rubber nets for a few years and I love them for 2 reasons one they are way easier on the fish, and 2 you don't get your hooks caught in the net. I can't count how many times my rapalas would get tangled up in the nylon nets and take me forever to get out.
jed