PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee Corn Dye

SilverBullets
10-30-2008, 08:40 PM
It's interesting to hear what others favorite scents are, but what about dyeing the corn? With all the liquid and powder dyes out now, does anyone have a favorite their useing? I mainly go natural, and always have a batch made up in pink. Some days they prefer one over the other. I have a few other colors, but have yet to try them out. Anyone useing green, blue, orange, or chartreuse?

HiTechKoke
11-01-2008, 12:47 PM
There's probably good reason my Minn-Kota remote has pink buttons and its not because it a designer female model. I do like the pink dyed corn using the Pro-Cure Kokanee Killer dye as it is powerful stuff. I pre-mix in advance with the corn juice in a baggie and then after 4-8 hours when it is all dyed I drain the juice and then throw in the scent oil(s) for a 24 hour soak prior to fishing.

I have the other dye powders too but have not spent much time experimenting with them. I know a few fellow Koke addicts that like that Green/Chartreuse dye though.

I still have to figure out some better excuses to my co-workers why my fingernails look a bit pink every Monday morning. tongue2

Petty4life
11-01-2008, 03:47 PM
I still have to figure out some better excuses to my co-workers why my fingernails look a bit pink every Monday morning. tongue2

just tell them its to support brest cancer research. Real men wear pink. LOLlaugh hyst

SilverBullets
11-01-2008, 04:30 PM
HiTeckoke...Interesting you dye with the corn juice, then discard and add scent. I'll have to give that a try, been mixing the dye with the scent. Probably best not to scent first, as the oils will not let the dyes penetrate. I've read in the past that the blue and chartreuse have produced when used after the bite shuts off...will give them a try next season. That Wizard Kokanee Killer Korn Dye is very powerful like you mentioned. For a lighter shade of pink, try Pautzke Nectar.

Full_Monte
11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
just tell them its to support brest cancer research. Real men wear pink. LOLlaugh hyst

Maybe you could tell them it you had a hard weekend DOING manual breast inspections on runway models....just to make sure they were OK. tongue2