Thread: Lake Tahoe 2017

Hybrid View

Default Lake Tahoe 2017

Well heading to lake tahoe for my yearly fishing trip. Well, I am ready to hit the lake fishing. First trying for the lake trout and then the Kokanee when it gets a little later in August when the bite starts. I will try to give a daily progress report on the fishing like last year.

Default August 28 and 29

Well started off catching some blue gill of the dock, a great way to start the trip. Well I headed out on the lake. I tried for some lake trout and Kokanee, not one bite. Day 2 July 29, My son hooked up one Kokanee and I had one hit but never closed the deal. I really thought we were going to get into them but it never happen. I saw lots of boats, some trolling and some jigging for lake trout. I never saw anyone bring in a fish all day. I talked to one guy who said he has been fishing here for one month and had not caught many. I also heard one other person say that last week was very good for the lake trout. One thing for sure, I surly have not seen very many fish on the fish finder. Which is not good but the hunt is still on. I will beheading out Monday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_01.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	9113   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	96 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	9112  

Default Tuesday morning limit

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Well started off catching some blue gill of the dock, a great way to start the trip. Well I headed out on the lake. I tried for some lake trout and Kokanee, not one bite. Day 2 July 29, My son hooked up one Kokanee and I had one hit but never closed the deal. I really thought we were going to get into them but it never happen. I saw lots of boats, some trolling and some jigging for lake trout. I never saw anyone bring in a fish all day. I talked to one guy who said he has been fishing here for one month and had not caught many. I also heard one other person say that last week was very good for the lake trout. One thing for sure, I surly have not seen very many fish on the fish finder. Which is not good but the hunt is still on. I will beheading out Monday.
    Well did not make it out Monday but made it today. Started trolling in the same area as I have in the pass. What a game changer today. Saw all kinds of fish on the fish finder. I had a feeling that I should hook up on a lake trout. At 7:30 caught a lake trout. I kept on trolling and finally after an hour I caught my second one, done. I just used a dogger and a minnow with a 3 foot leader. The fish were caught in depth 150 feet. I set my down rigger to 120 feet. This was the depth I caught the fish at. Well after catching the second fish I switch rigs to my Kokanee poles. Fished for two hours more but never seen any Kokanee. Hopefully in two weeks the Kokanee bite will start. Well heading out tomorrow again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_02.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	9115

Well did not make it out Monday but made it today. Started trolling in the same area as I have in the pass. What a game changer today. Saw all kinds of fish on the fish finder. I had a feeling that I should hook up on a lake trout. At 7:30 caught a lake trout. I kept on trolling and finally after an hour I caught my second one, done. I just used a dogger and a minnow with a 3 foot leader. The fish were caught in depth 150 feet. I set my down rigger to 120 feet. This was the depth I caught the fish at. Well after catching the second fish I switch rigs to my Kokanee poles. Fished for two hours more but never seen any Kokanee. Hopefully in two weeks the Kokanee bite will start. Well heading out tomorrow again.

Name:	image_02.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	9115
    Well headed out this morning trolled for a long time until 11:00 when I was just about to give up I pulled my pole off of the down rigger and it was a little hard to reel in. To my surprise I had one lake trout. He put up a pretty good fight. Not huge but decent size. I have noticed out of the 3 lake trout I have caught they have been on the small side. Still fun to catch. Still no sign of any grouping of Kokanee yet. Such a beautiful day on lake tahoe.

Views:	120 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	9122

Well headed out this morning trolled for a long time until 11:00 when I was just about to give up I pulled my pole off of the down rigger and it was a little hard to reel in. To my surprise I had one lake trout. He put up a pretty good fight. Not huge but decent size. I have noticed out of the 3 lake trout I have caught they have been on the small side. Still fun to catch. Still no sign of any grouping of Kokanee yet. Such a beautiful day on lake tahoe.

Views:	120 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	9122
    Well I headed out yesterday and caught one small lake trout. He was released and survived. He was caught in shallow water. Saw lots of fish on the fish finder but just weren't biting. I did hear a lady say she had caught two Kokanee. Well this morning I fished hard not a single bite just one of those day but a beautiful sunrise. Anyone else fishing tahoe

Default Heading up tomorrow

Thanks for the updates. How is the weather/water been? This will be my first time fishing Tahoe. We will be heading out of the keys. Are there any good tackle stores around to get advice on lures for the macks?