Thread: Berry Good to Me

Default Berry Good to Me

Fished the Berry 6-21. A beautiful day to start and an excellent way to beat the valley heat. Caught my limit of kokes early in the 2-2 1/2lb class. Only lost 2 at the back of the boat. Caught 4 cutty's all released which one was a slot buster at over 23". Also released 1 bow. Decided to end the day early and head back to the frying pan. Kokes were caught using using RMT 5.5 orange splatter with pink stripe dodger with pearlescent squid with tinsel insert. All others caught on a BLL white glow/pink little rebel.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Atta boy Rog!!!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Fished the Berry 6-21. A beautiful day to start and an excellent way to beat the valley heat. Caught my limit of kokes early in the 2-2 1/2lb class. Only lost 2 at the back of the boat. Caught 4 cutty's all released which one was a slot buster at over 23". Also released 1 bow. Decided to end the day early and head back to the frying pan. Kokes were caught using using RMT 5.5 orange splatter with pink stripe dodger with pearlescent squid with tinsel insert. All others caught on a BLL white glow/pink little rebel.
    --------------------------------------------------
    fished Strawberry 3 days this week Did not see you yesterday, but then no boats around us.
    this was today 6/22/2017

Took my wife to Strawberry
    it was wild, she can't reel or net.
    got the four poles out and that was the last time they were all fishing
    one time all 4 were in with fish on
    only lost 2 kokes one coming out of the water and could not keep him down.
    the other could not net him
    brought 8 kokes home let 4 go under 12" got 6 cuts and 3 bows, let one big koke go because we had are 8, got him pulling the lines in to leave.
    stopped fishing about 7:30 AM

my set backs on the right side 25' and 35'
    Left side 20' and 30' back
    pink was best
    downriggers down 20 to 30 feet.
    Robert

I'm going to be there early in the morning with a friend from work. Going to be working the berry side.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Robert, I was wondering if you were there. At one time I thought I spotted you but didn't get close enough. AFDan will be there Friday. I'm in recovery from a painful jaw and a painful pocket Otherwise I would be out and about at the Berry on Friday
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF