Thread: How much fuel for a week at Deadwood?

Default How much fuel for a week at Deadwood?

I just got a new (to me) boat. it has a 60 HP 2 stroke Johnson and a 8 HP 2 Stroke kicker. I'll be spending a week at deadwood in July and i'm just trying to figure out how much fuel I should plan on bringing. I plan on being on the water fishing the majority of the time. Any advice you guys with similar setups can give me would be much appreciated.

Last year i only brought 3 gals for my 4 hp kicker for the weekend. I went threw that in 1 day trolling sun up to sun down. Only because the wind came up and had to fight it. I don't use very much on my main motor. It is a pretty small lake. I maybe use 6 gallons on my main 90 hp in 4 days up there. Its pretty much all trolling.

P.S. Has anyone heard about when one might make it in? I have an annual trip planned for the 23-25 of this month.

Thanks for the info, that's helpful! On the road conditions below is the latest report I saw from Deadwood Outfitters. good luck!

Okay so the road into Deadwood from the Stanley side ( Fir Creek, Bear Valley) is open but I have never seen it so rough. Lots of trees down. Potholes. And some wash outs that are pretty sketchy to get through pulling trailers