Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Good luck at Lucky Peak this year. May the fish be big and the wakeboarding waves be few.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default And to you as well.

This will be my first year targeting kokes but I am pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    This will be my first year targeting kokes but I am pumped.
    With the winter temps we have been having it might be a while before we can get some soft water to fish on. But there is always ice fishing.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Ice Fishing Lucky Peak

Has anyone been successful jigging for Kokes through the ice? I am wanting to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    With the winter temps we have been having it might be a while before we can get some soft water to fish on. But there is always ice fishing.

Default Fishing report

Drove by yesterday and saw some open water. With some warmer temps coming up I'd get out there quick if ice fishing. One warm and windy day...

the ice is thinning every day. I'm betting we will be able to get out there in 3-4 weeks. As soon as I can, I'm going out :)
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

I'd like to give it a go this weekend.
    Can anyone tell me what the ice situation is ?
    I live in South Nampa and would hate to waste a trip to find out we cant fish.

Default Sportsmans Warehouse

The fishing report board by the entrance had the trout/Kokanee bite listed as good while trolling. Has somebody been holding out? Haha

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Good luck at Lucky Peak this year. May the fish be big and the wakeboarding waves be few.
    Thx again for facilitating this page! A lot of good people and a wealth of information is posted daily! Good luck and can't wait to see all you guys/gals out there this year!

Default Open ramps

Quote Originally Posted by AlbacoreShuffle View Post
    I'd like to give it a go this weekend.
    Can anyone tell me what the ice situation is ?
    I live in South Nampa and would hate to waste a trip to find out we cant fish.
    There are still some ice around the dam, and all of the arms as well as Spring Shore are still iced over but starting to break up. Turner Gulch was usable although you would have to battle shore anglers when launching. Obviously no docks in place as well.

Drove up to arrow rock as well yesterday. No surprise, the road was horrible in the lake totally iced over. They are letting a lot of water out right now.

Default Christy's first Kokanee - Wednesday 2-22-2017

We hit the lakes on our kayaks and trolled from the dam ramp past the dam to the northern cove area. The water on the south end was 36.8 and the northern end was 37.2. We were getting more hits up in the warmer water and up top between 5' to 25'. There was little to no wind :-) We started at 9am and finished around noon. My girlfriend landed a 14" on a crankbait. It was her 1st Kokanee! I switched to a crankbait she caught hers on and I was getting more hits but no hook ups. Varying the speed seemed to trigger more strikes. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1277.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	8890

Default Kokes & bacon

My girlfriend got me 2 lamiglas 7' Kokes poles for my bday from kokanee tackle store. Pink Firecorn is soaking in a new mixture of procure scents. Just waiting for a sunny day off . If you smell bacon ,Wave ! Team Zigzag
    team Zigzag

Default Questions About Smoking Kokes

The season starts very soon. Getting excited...I've got cabin fever bad!!! I got to thinking about it and realized that I don't think I have ever smoked a Koke!!!

How do you guys do it?? Chunk it up....bones and all? Fillet the fish prior??? Or perhaps put the whole thing on the smoker???

I just got a wild hare (hair?) to smoke those babies on the Traeger.

Pauli

For table fare, you will want to filet them. I can my Kokes so I split them at the spine, brine and smoke before pulling them off the bones for stuffing my canning jars.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    For table fare, you will want to filet them. I can my Kokes so I split them at the spine, brine and smoke before pulling them off the bones for stuffing my canning jars.
    Hmmm.... I don't think that I've ever filleted a fish that small. Hard to do? Any tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Hmmm.... I don't think that I've ever filleted a fish that small. Hard to do? Any tricks?
    They are easy to fillet ... just start below gills and go for it like any other fish. I leave the skin on for smoking. Do cut the ribs out before processing. Not hard. Give it a try.

Good fishing... nothing better than smoked Koke.

Bob
    Last edited by conservationist; 02-23-2017 at 11:33 PM.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

So what is the current status at LP? Is there still ice up towards Spring Shores?

The season starts very soon. Getting excited...I've got cabin fever bad!!! I got to thinking about it and realized that I don't think I have ever smoked a Koke!!!

How do you guys do it?? Chunk it up....bones and all? Fillet the fish prior??? Or perhaps put the whole thing on the smoker???

I just got a wild hare (hair?) to smoke those babies on the Traeger.

Pauli
    I'd start here

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/f...Smoked-Kokanee

There other ways of course, but I like this one.

https://youtu.be/CMjSGEKSTZw?t=1m19s

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    So what is the current status at LP? Is there still ice up towards Spring Shores?
    Was just up there today. Ice is still an issue but it could be navigable by this weekend. The ice is melting "fast" according to the manager up there. Ramp is technically usable but they had an issue with the portable dock at the bottom and had to fish it out, so be forewarned it may not be operational. I'm sure by next week the ice will be clear, but for now I'm playing it safe and planning on fishing the dam area this weekend if I can get out there. Good luck!

Thumbs up Happy birthday

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    My girlfriend got me 2 lamiglas 7' Kokes poles for my bday from kokanee tackle store. Pink Firecorn is soaking in a new mixture of procure scents. Just waiting for a sunny day off . If you smell bacon ,Wave ! Team Zigzag
    I'm going to set up the pontoon this weekend . Team zigzag!

Default Getting close

I have to mount a new fish finder and some trailer guides and I am ready for the season. Just can't quite motivate myself to get outside but the weather forecast is looking good. Good luck this year.

Default Getting closer

I just finished installation the Garmin Tr1 Gold autopilot on my boat today. Everything function well in test mode. Last step! The compass need to be calibration and the tachometer need to be verify. Hopefully, there will have calm day for me to do these final steps of the installation.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Lucky peak

I plan on spending this weekend gettimg my boat all prepped and ready for fishing. Lucky Peak will be my first day of fishing. Then I need to watch for ice off at Cascade. Two years ago I lost a huge trout up there.

getting new upholstery and a new cabin cover for my jet boat done. Just sent it in today, and hoping to have it back by sunday. I would love to get out to LP or arrowrock on sunday. sounds like the ice is almost gone
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default ramps

[Drove by today, and neither portable ramp (dam and Spring Shores) is in the water. You can fish either end. There is ice east of S.S., but clear going towards dam. Mike

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast