Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default Trolling Speed

Thanks FSHFNDR and F-Bomb for answer my question. So the GPS integrated in the fish finder device is a good tracking for the slow moving boat. I did try my old Tom Tom GPS on the lake and it couldn't track the slow moving speed.

Last year I upgraded my kicker motor steering with the TR1 autopilot and I love it. It has the GPS interface but I only need just the trolling speed. I'll do more research on the Garmin depth finder and hopefully will get one before year end.

Often I tracking my trolling speed by looking at my DR line and something float on the water, when the line pass by the object then I count one thousand one (~1 second) and guess how far the line passed that object, often that was 14" ~ 16"/sec. With that guess my calculate is about .8 ~ .9 MPH. I often caught fish with that guessing but with a device that read the slow moving speed is perhaps more accuracy and prefer.

I'll headed to Anderson Ranch tomorrow, that will be a long day and hopefully the Kokanee still hot.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 07-31-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Thanks FSHFNDR and F-Bomb for answer my question. So the GPS integrated in the fish finder device is a good tracking for the slow moving boat. I did try my old Tom Tom GPS on the lake and it couldn't track the slow moving speed.

Last year I upgraded my kicker motor steering with the TR1 autopilot and I love it. It has the GPS interface but I only need just the trolling speed. I'll do more research on the Garmin depth finder and hopefully will get one before year end.

Often I tracking my trolling speed by looking at my DR line and something float on the water, when the line pass by the object then I count one thousand one (~1 second) and guess how far the line passed that object, often that was 14" ~ 16"/sec. With that guess my calculate is about .8 ~ .9 MPH. I often caught fish with that guessing but with a device that read the slow moving speed is perhaps more accuracy and prefer.

I'll headed to Anderson Ranch tomorrow, that will be a long day and hopefully the Kokanee still hot.
    Before I got a humminbird helix 5.I used GPS on my compass app on my phone . 1 koke on pink today 25'
    team Zigzag

Default Chinook

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    1.8 mph when I caught the Chinook.
    KokaneeJoe, since you seem to be running into Chinook I want to target, any suggestions on tackle setup? I have using some herring in helmets but probably need a big Flasher with them.

Quote Originally Posted by FSHFNDR View Post
    KokaneeJoe, since you seem to be running into Chinook I want to target, any suggestions on tackle setup? I have using some herring in helmets but probably need a big Flasher with them.
    Only caught the one big one. I can only tell what I used; A small orange/pink dodger a short leader and matching bug (Murphy's Kokanee Kombo) with leading hook tipped with a kernel of shoepeg corn in tuna juice. Set back 35 feet and 30 feet deep on a downrigger. Just standard kokanee gear.
    Old (1979) Chrysler Tri-hull Outboard with 5hp Evinrude Kicker and Penn downriggers.

Post Lucky Peak fishingreport?

Can anyone give me a report on Lucky Peak kokanee fishing?

Default Sunday morning

If one of you found something at the West Dock at Spring Shores and left it at the Marina on Sunday morning I owe you a huge thank you...if it was you, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by trmaret View Post
    Can anyone give me a report on Lucky Peak kokanee fishing?
    My girlfriend landed a 17" koke near the bay on the left almost to goose neck on pink 2" squid w/ smiley blade, pink dodger at 25' down, 1.5mph.from 11-2. Those Kokes were on and gone. many times. Going back now. Ran out of my pink anise soaked Firecorn.if you smell bacon wave!
    team Zigzag

Default Slow and few kok.

Solo fishing 4 hrs today at LP. First 2 hrs (10:00 ~ 12:00 PM) there wasn't any bite at all. Afternoon boated 3 - 13" kok at 25' deep and 1 last year planed Chinnok (released). Ford fender + orange kokabow + shoepeg corn. The water temp. was much cooler than in the Anderson. That was 67 deg. in the morning, later in afternoon in some area that was 72 deg.
    Talked to other couple at loading dock, they caught 3 trout and 1 kok at 23' deep.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default The Spawn

Well, we should be at spawning time by now. Has anyone given it a try in the past few weeks? There hasn't been a post here in a solid 2 weeks. Will head up the hill this week to see about catching a few of next year's fish.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011