Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2017 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default Macks Creek Update

All the docks including the launch were all out of the water at Macks Creek today. Marina was not looking to bad for being Fathers Day.

Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!

Default Still No Love

I had to take the wife to the airport early this morning (from Caldwell) and I figured that I might as well drag the boat along and head to the reservoir for a few hours of fishing after I dropped her off. Fished from 0600 to 0810.....Absolutely no love for me. I did manage to bag a pike minnow.... Whooh Hoooo !!! Water temp at the dam was about 60 degrees, but the best news is that the turbidity is much improved. I could see my gear in the water for about 3 to 4 feet. ..... Other than the squaw, no bites.

Oh.... is it me?....or does anyone else think the boys and girls from the Army Corps of Engineers put the docks in at Turner Gulch "Bas-Ackwards"??? All of the tie down cleats are on the outside of the docks. This means that you have to run your tie down lines from your boat across the dock to the tie down cleats on the opposite side after launching. Quite a potential safety concern. I suppose you could walk your boat all the way down to the end and pull it to the outside of the docks.....but REALLY??? What do you do if you're solo (which I usually am) and there is a line boats already in the water at the dock???

Going to be yet another several weeks for me before I head back up.

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I had to take the wife to the airport early this morning (from Caldwell) and I figured that I might as well drag the boat along and head to the reservoir for a few hours of fishing after I dropped her off. Fished from 0600 to 0810.....Absolutely no love for me. I did manage to bag a pike minnow.... Whooh Hoooo !!! Water temp at the dam was about 60 degrees, but the best news is that the turbidity is much improved. I could see my gear in the water for about 3 to 4 feet. ..... Other than the squaw, no bites.

Oh.... is it me?....or does anyone else think the boys and girls from the Army Corps of Engineers put the docks in at Turner Gulch "Bas-Ackwards"??? All of the tie down cleats are on the outside of the docks. This means that you have to run your tie down lines from your boat across the dock to the tie down cleats on the opposite side after launching. Quite a potential safety concern. I suppose you could walk your boat all the way down to the end and pull it to the outside of the docks.....but REALLY??? What do you do if you're solo (which I usually am) and there is a line boats already in the water at the dock???

Going to be yet another several weeks for me before I head back up.

Pauli
    I think it is a good idea to have the cleats on the other side of the dock.
    Nothing frost my ass more than some yahoo taking his sweet time getting away from the dock while other people are trying to launch or get their boats out of the water.
    If more folks had common courtesy it wouldnt be an issue.

This! The ramp is for coming/going...if you're solo dunk it, drive it around to tie up and then move the trailer so that as soon as you move the trailer someone else can use the ramp. Pauli, I do it all the time at Spring Shores, difference being I either move towards the end of the dock or to the other side; either way the ramp is useable by others as soon as I move my trailer, not after I move the trailer, waltz back, and then get in the boat and move it...just saving others a bit of time and blood pressure.

Default I get it

Completely understand what you guys are saying. But, this is going to prove to be minor disaster for those who launch or recover solo... or with a wife and kids who don't know dittle about handling a boat.....especially around a crowed boat launch. Just watch...Wait...and See.... Take your blood pressure medicine to the lake with you, I guarantee you are going to need it.

Pauli

Default Semi stumped

OK. I want some feedback. We have fished Lucky Peak with huge success in recent years, but what gives this year. We've been 4 or 5 times...fish on the scope and we are lucky to bag a single kokanee and 2 or 3 planters. Fish four hours today and only found one kokanee...though it was a nice 16 incher. Is it the high water?

Default Heading up now

I'll give a report on return. I know it's been slow to put it mildly. But the boys need something to do.

Default Went up fishing this morning.

Not a bite trolling, my 11 year old has a bass on a senko worm along some rubble structure but lost the bass next to the boat. Very few fish on the finder. Some real deep ones that were hugging the bottom, likely suckers. Let's hope things pick up soon. Oh and today's water temp at surface was 65 degrees.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678