Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Fished from 7 to noon and went 11 of 30 today with another 25+ drive byes that were gone before we got to the rods...just couldn't keep em hooked! Most were around the 14" mark with one just over 18". All four rods hit fish with 1 with 1/2 oz, 2 3/4 oz, and 1 1oz anywhere from 70-90' back. Color didn't really matter either. Weaved our way through the junk between curlew and lime cr. Will be back at it in the morning. Great day on the water and I f a few more would have stuck it had the makings of a really good day!!!
    "Green Guppy"- Old boat, Older motor...full fish box (I hope)

Fished today from 6-noon. Surface water temp was 63 and the water had cleared up a little from last weekend. Still a lot of junk floating but we put 6 Kokanee in the boat. All of them were 14-15" we couldn't get on anything bigger. Had a few other hits and lost one right at the boat.

Default 6/6/17 fishing

Fished long line 1/2 oz weight, green/silver spin glow hooked 4 landed 1 .
    Down rigger 10' pink dodger pink spin blade caught 4 landed 1
    Down Rigger 20' nothing many color changes
    Down Rigger 10' nothing many color changes
    fished 8-2 water was a little cold still.
    Save of the day was a nice 24" trout

We fished Saturday evening till dark then Sunday morning until 10. Boated 24 Kokanee and lost 8. Also one smallmouth that was probably a couple pounds. Only one decent fish the rest were small. Water temp was 61-63 and a lot less junk floating. That will probably be my last trip since I can find small kokes about 3 hours closer to home.

Default Smaller size Kokanee this year

Camp and fish 1st time in Curlew, Anderson Ranch this year on Thur. & Fri. (6/15-16/2017). It's beautiful place when the reservoir is full, the hills sides are green and weather not so bad.

No boat dock at Curlew boat ramp, there was stacks of docks on the Curlew parking space, there were few marked good :) It was damaged by last winter. Someone told me there will not boat dock at Curlew this year. If someone know more about the Curlew's boat dock please let us know.

It was nice to meet and talk to AkAngler on Thursday evening. Glad to talk to you Mr. AkAngler.

Fishing hard on both day. Fish scattered. We fished from West side Curlew up to Lime Creek and brought home 31 Kok. Lost whole bunch because they didn't hit hard. Most of them size 13.5" few 11". No Trout, Chinook and Squaw fish.

DR from 8 to 15', Ford Fender + WR mixed color green and orange+ shoepeg corn + Anise scent.
    Long line pole same setup 1.5 oz weight 25 - 32' line out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imperial-taxidermy_1707.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	9066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Curlew-boat-dock-2017_9702.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	9067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anderson_Ranch_June-16_9704.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	9068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anderson_Ranch_June-16_9698.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	9069  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 06-17-2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Correcting name
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Wink

Now that's something you don't see at Anderson every day. For a second I thought the picture of the boat was at Buoy 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lunddude View Post
    Now that's something you don't see at Anderson every day. For a second I thought the picture of the boat was at Buoy 10
    Yeah! That's big fishing rig that I saw in Anderson, the decal that read Imperial Taxidermy Fishing Team. I found their website from Google and their local business in Caldwell.
    http://www.imperialtaxidermy.com/
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

It was nice meeting and talking with Fish4Kok on Thursday! We fished for about 5 hours in morning of Thursday and boated 6 and lost a ton then boated 3 more in the evening in 2 hours with just as many or more lost. Gave it about 2.5 hours Friday morning for 5 more. Just out there for Thursday/Friday with my two kids (7 and 8) and my uncle from Colorado. I think if we had been a little more serious about getting fish in the boat we could have done significantly better but was just nice to be out of town! I also really enjoyed watching the kids figure out reeling in and netting each other's fish...by Friday morning they had it down and we only lost 2 fish that were off long before they got close to the net! Fish are all small compared to size I was catching earlier in the year but think that as the water stabilizes a little more we should see them schooled up and better fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Yeah! That's big fishing rig that I saw in Anderson, the decal that read Imperial Taxidermy Fishing Team. I found their website from Google and their local business in Caldwell.
    http://www.imperialtaxidermy.com/
    Not trying to highjack the thread - just wanted to say that Imperial is a great shop if you have something to mount. Had a deer done there a couple of years ago and they were awesome to work with and it came out great.

Quote Originally Posted by AkAngler View Post
    It was nice meeting and talking with Fish4Kok on Thursday! We fished for about 5 hours in morning of Thursday and boated 6 and lost a ton then boated 3 more in the evening in 2 hours with just as many or more lost. Gave it about 2.5 hours Friday morning for 5 more. Just out there for Thursday/Friday with my two kids (7 and 8) and my uncle from Colorado. I think if we had been a little more serious about getting fish in the boat we could have done significantly better but was just nice to be out of town! I also really enjoyed watching the kids figure out reeling in and netting each other's fish...by Friday morning they had it down and we only lost 2 fish that were off long before they got close to the net! Fish are all small compared to size I was catching earlier in the year but think that as the water stabilizes a little more we should see them schooled up and better fishing!
    Any particular colors that were working better than others?

I'd say pink hoochie was the best but we caught on orange pink and green hoochies as well as orange and pink wedding rings. Best dodgers were probably RMT 5.5 splatter in orange and pink

Quote Originally Posted by AkAngler View Post
    I'd say pink hoochie was the best but we caught on orange pink and green hoochies as well as orange and pink wedding rings. Best dodgers were probably RMT 5.5 splatter in orange and pink
    Thanks! We're heading up Saturday - hoping that the warm weather and lower flow rates in the system will help the fishing!

Default Great Fathers Day

Had a great Fathers Day weekend at Curlew in spite of some mechanical failures and the absence of a boat dock. Koke fishing was fair with an average of 1.8 fish in the boat per hour of fishing. All were in the top 15-20 feet. We had the best luck with a pink/purple Father Murphy Combo. But also a pink/green and orange/green combo did well. Don't think they were being very picky.
    Last edited by KokaneeJoe; 06-21-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Default Saturday and Sunday

Fished Saturday (6 hours) and Sunday (4 hours) last weekend.

Used four poles all long line.

Saturday morning fish were on "top". We were going about 2.5 mph (based on the recommendations I've read regarding speed this a bit fast, but it doesn't seem to keep the fish from biting) according to the GPS About 11am all top water bites stopped and the 1 oz weighted lines got the bites. Fished about 20 feet deep (estimated). The fish we seeing on the fish finder were primarily between 14-30 feet Had 19 hits, landed seven, released two of those.

Sunday was more productive. used 1 oz weight and again fished about 20 feet. Had 36 hits and landed 12. Fish were between 11-14". Nothing huge, but by far the best day we've had at Anderson this year.

[Does anyone have any info about the dock being out at Curlew?

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    [Does anyone have any info about the dock being out at Curlew?
    it was not out yet as of 6/16/17. I was told it may never be out this year.

According to the sheriff and several locals the dock will not go in at all this year.

I'll bet they'll still expect you to pay to park there......... :-(

I don't like it when I have to pay for NO SERVICES.

I called the Boise Nat. Forest and was told that they are scrambling because a. they have so much damage from the winter to deal with....bridges, landslides, etc., and b. they don't have the money to cover everything. They don't have plans currently to repair the dock. I suggested they purchase or borrow one of the portable wheelchair accessible docks used at Lucky Peak until the repairs are made. They were very interested in the idea. Mike

Would they allow sportsmen to cover it/do the repairs? You might find folks willing to do the work and contribute funds if they would allow it.

Default anderson kokes

the kokes are starting to bite this last week, shallow, pink hoochie. ford fender or silver dodger, nice fat 12 inch kokes, see you monday

Red face Anderson this week?

I want to head to Anderson on Tuesday for a few days. What's the latest report. i don't care about the dock...the old Northriver is use to being in the rocks so to speak. More interested in the depth, water temp? and any pop gear being used. Will share my results upon my return.

We fished 3 days, June 23rd 24th and 25th, and used dodgers with little squid behind them and caught fish from surface to 25 feet.
    Lots of fish but size is down from past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntlost View Post
    I want to head to Anderson on Tuesday for a few days. What's the latest report. i don't care about the dock...the old Northriver is use to being in the rocks so to speak. More interested in the depth, water temp? and any pop gear being used. Will share my results upon my return.
    Can't say about now but last week we did best with a pink/purple dodger and a pink/purple bug. But we also caught fish with green/pink and green/orange and blue/purple gear. Not really too picky. All were caught in the top 15 or 20 feet using both long lines and downriggers.

We will be up there this week as well. Thinking about Deer Creek or Pine ramps because of the boat dock situation at Curlew. Perhaps I will see you up there.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

I'm sorry to say I have no news about the docks.
    We did catch 30+ koks on Sunday, though. Unfortunately they were all smallish (12"-14"). There were no eggs in any of the ones we finally ended up keeping for dinner so I am assuming they are next year's fish. We were fishing half way between Lime creek and Fall creek on the timbered side of the reservoir. All fish caught between 15 and 30 feet deep. We did best on reds and blacks, a couple on pink but none on green - unusual for us for Anderson where we typically do best on pinks and greens. We did hook one very large fish that we really never had a chance against. We are thinking chinook but we never saw it. Good Luck- tear 'em up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast