Thread: 2017 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Default 2017 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck on all your trips to Anderson Ranch this year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Ice fishing

Anyone ever try it out at Anderson?

Are the Ramps open yet?

Nitz's, the store in Pine, told me this morning that I would still need snow shoes to get to the ramps.

Dam end is open........this was Thursday. Curlew is going to be awhile.

On a side note, did anyone attend the Kokabow seminar this year? Was hoping to hear what F and G had to say in regards to forecasts for Anderson and other Idaho Kokanee lakes this year. Last year they had it pegged for Anderson being slow.

Good luck to all this year.

I went to the kokanee seminar at Sportsman's in Nampa last Sat. The gentleman from Kokabow did a good job and had a lot of interesting info. He said Anderson will probably take another year before it gets good again. Also, they did a fin clip survey and found out that a lot of Arrowrock's planted fish end up down in Lucky Peak. F&G will be changing how/when they stock them this year to see if more will stay in Arrowrock. But again, it will take a year or two to find out if it works. Finally, the planted chinook are not having a large affect on kokanees, but mainly forage on perch.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default anderson ranch

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Good Luck on all your trips to Anderson Ranch this year.
    Anderson is fishable BUT very slow been 3 times for total of 14 Koks only 3 keepers think will wait for Lucky Peak maybe June this year?

Default 3 Trips

Fished Anderson today for the 3rd time in 2 weeks 1 trout no kokes--I fished by the dam and lime creek area also the deer creek area--I marked very few fish

Default anderson

Fished anderson on sat 3/29 very slow, very nice in the morning then the wind picked up around noon or so. Fished all the regular colors and combos, only caught 1 kokanee and 1 trout. Might have to try closer to home this weekend.

Fished Anderson Ranch on 5/4 and 5/5, from Curlew down to the first big creek (name?). The camping was good but the fishing not so much. Water was murky, and in the low 50's. There is a lot of debris in the lake, including some rather large logs to watch for. We caught three smallish (12" +/-) kokanee and a 17" trout. A pink spoon and watermelon dodger at 15' worked best for the kokanee. Also lost a couple that were the same size or smaller. Very few people trolling out there. Lots of bass boats.

The south fork of the Boise River looks like a raging torrent pouring in from the north end of the lake. I think it's going to take a while for this lake to settle out.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default Anderson

Hey Trailbob. Have you tried any areas towards the dam. I know last year there were people fishing that area. I'm hoping to be up that way the week of the 21st unless the high water flows get worse. Then my backup plan would be Cascade.

Default Traffic

If headed to Anderson this weekend expect long delays . The country music fest is this weekend!!!

Default TRAFFIC REPORTS FOR ANDERSON

Thinking of heading up tomorrow but leary of the Country Music Festival crowds. Does anyone know if the crowd is spilling over to Anderson Ranch and is there parking spots for truck and trailer?

I was there Thursday thru Sunday and it was crowded. I saw lots of boats fishing but nobody was really killing them. I fished a couple of days and only caught a few. Then fished from 7 pm to 9 pm one evening and caught a dozen and lost at least that many more. 90 percent of the fish I caught were chinooks. I tried multiple setups and every depth from 10 ft to 70ft. Most of what I caught was at 70ft

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    I was there Thursday thru Sunday and it was crowded. I saw lots of boats fishing but nobody was really killing them. I fished a couple of days and only caught a few. Then fished from 7 pm to 9 pm one evening and caught a dozen and lost at least that many more. 90 percent of the fish I caught were chinooks. I tried multiple setups and every depth from 10 ft to 70ft. Most of what I caught was at 70ft
    What size are the Chinook running? Glad you figured it out! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    What size are the Chinook running? Glad you figured it out! Mike
    The Chinook were all 14 to 15 inch.

Default Chinook

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    Any size to the chinooks? any advice on targeting them?

Thanks,
    FSHFNDR

All chinooks were 13 to 15 inch. I was trying to target chinook for an entire day and didn't catch 1. Then started searching for kokes and caught chinook. So I guess my advice is target something besides chinook and maybe you too will catch some.