Thread: Utah reciprical and mussle stamps

Default Utah reciprical and mussle stamps

Last minute plans traveling to buckboard via I-80 thru Green River early Thursday morning from utah.
    Plan on launching 6am-ish.
    Is there a 24 hr store to purchase the required stamps along the way.

Scott

Default Wyoming license/stamp

Scott,

You can get both on line. You can not get an AIS stamp for your boat from any dealer/store. It will be mailed to you from Cheyenne. As to the reciprocal license, that could be issued from a license dealer, but the on-line process will also generate a mailed license from Cheyenne.

However, when you purchase on-line, you can print out the receipt for both and then carry them with you until you return home and get the mailed versions of both. The printed receipt is all you need for your trip. I did this just 2 weeks ago for my boat sticker and my brides reciprocal license. Had the mailed versions waiting for me when we got back from the week long trip to Buckboard.

There is one other concern that may be a problem for you and that is the requirement to have your boat inspected upon entering Wyoming. All boats entering Wyoming from the west on I-80 are required to be inspected at the Port of Entry on I-80 (Evanston). I don't know if that station is manned 24/7, but it is a requirement that you stop and get inspected. You may want to call the folks in Cheyenne and ask them about that before you go. I'd hate for you to get a ticket for not stopping or worse, have to wait for that inspection station to open before you continue on your journey and miss your early start time.

Good luck and hope you have some success catching some fish.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Thanks Bob, I didn't think about the inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    Scott,

You can get both on line. You can not get an AIS stamp for your boat from any dealer/store. It will be mailed to you from Cheyenne. As to the reciprocal license, that could be issued from a license dealer, but the on-line process will also generate a mailed license from Cheyenne.

However, when you purchase on-line, you can print out the receipt for both and then carry them with you until you return home and get the mailed versions of both. The printed receipt is all you need for your trip. I did this just 2 weeks ago for my boat sticker and my brides reciprocal license. Had the mailed versions waiting for me when we got back from the week long trip to Buckboard.

Good luck and hope you have some success catching some fish.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    they did not send the reciprocal stamp to me same for my wife and I bot hers two weeks after I bot mine
    all we have is the one we printed. it works for me
    the AIS came in the mail