Thread: Fished strawberry 6-2-16 soldier creek side

Default Fished strawberry 6-2-16 soldier creek side

We caught 6 kokes, 6 cuts, kept 4 kokes. Pink and white were the colors on squids. Fish were very scattered and shallow, between 10 and 20 feet. Kokes were 12 to 19 inches we caught. Fun day until the wind started blowing, at 1:00pm the bite stopped.

Default Soldier Creek 6-2-16

Hi Blackg49 , hey I was fishing Soldier Creek yesterday with BDuck. We were in a Green Columbia boat with a tan top , we got 5 kokanee I was looking at some video we took underwater and relized that we were much to deep.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    Hi Blackg49 , hey I was fishing Soldier Creek yesterday with BDuck. We were in a Green Columbia boat with a tan top , we got 5 kokanee I was looking at some video we took underwater and relized that we were much to deep.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was charging My camera and for got to put the cap back on (don't do that), any way I Just ordered another one.
    you can see the last one just look on my you tube Chanel,
    It looked like the dodger brought them in but they did not like the squid.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    I was there 6/3 on Soldier Creek and was catching kokanee at 5 to 15 feet. It took a long time to find them and in an instant it was over. How deep were you fishing?

I was up there on Saturday (6/04) and had the best Kokanee fishing I have ever had on Strawberry, what's odd to me is that we were double the depth of what everyone has been saying and we could not keep them off, we fished both the big bay by the lodge and went over and fished in the middle of the flotilla on the Soldier Creek side and slammed them. We started fishing at 6 am and left at 4:30 pm and the bite never stopped. I usually complain about fishing the berry, I don't really love the cutts, but have to give it a huge thumbs up after last Saturday. We released quite a few cutts and rainbows as well, no tags dang it, but brought home 12 nice Kokes and had a fantastic fish dinner for the whole family on Sunday. Another thing that was odd to me is we did not catch a single Kokanee on pink which is always my go to. Hoping to get back up there before the heat gets totally out of control but its always a battle with my truck it just automatically turns towards Flaming Gorge

Quote Originally Posted by CGOOSE View Post
    I was up there on Saturday (6/04) and had the best Kokanee fishing I have ever had on Strawberry, what's odd to me is that we were double the depth of what everyone has been saying and we could not keep them off, we fished both the big bay by the lodge and went over and fished in the middle of the flotilla on the Soldier Creek side and slammed them. We started fishing at 6 am and left at 4:30 pm and the bite never stopped. I usually complain about fishing the berry, I don't really love the cutts, but have to give it a huge thumbs up after last Saturday. We released quite a few cutts and rainbows as well, no tags dang it, but brought home 12 nice Kokes and had a fantastic fish dinner for the whole family on Sunday. Another thing that was odd to me is we did not catch a single Kokanee on pink which is always my go to. Hoping to get back up there before the heat gets totally out of control but its always a battle with my truck it just automatically turns towards Flaming Gorge
    Nice. I'll be there Wednesday. Were you able to see them on your graph? A week ago I could locate huge schools and got 0 strikes. Friday nothing on the graph and caught 10 on Soldier Creek.

what you give up the color you were using for a klondike bar! heading up soon myself.
    2007 20' ALUMACRAFT, 200 HP YAMAHA, 5 hp kicker.

i was up there saturday afternoon to sunday fish were very scattered fishing was overall slow not many cutts kokes were very very scattered . i caught 10 kokes between sc and strawberry. some shallow 20 feet some at 35. i didn't see many boats catching fish and saw only 1 other koke at the fish cleaning station

Sorry guys between kids ball games and trying to hurry and get the lawn mowed to keep my weekends open I wasn't able to get back to the questions. Yes, we were graphing the fish on the finder not huge groups but enough to put some nice little arches on the screen. As for color we were running colors I don't usually run a lot but green picked up a few, purple did better, but pearl seemed to knock'em out. Now after reading the C&R thread I am feeling a little guilty I will admit I did give in to my dark side. I love eating fresh Kokanee so I typically will catch my limit and move on but Saturday seemed to be one of those magic days and I probably got a little carried away. Please don't banish me , good luck to all and safe travels.