Thread: Yale 2016

Default Yale 2016

water conditions are a green and cloudy, water level was a bit down but ramp and docks very usable. one boat out...... my hats is off the those guys as it was sunny one minute the raining like heck the next.

I was out weekend before last and pulled in a 15-1/4 inch Koke, I had to check my GPS to make sure what lake I was on. That big this early in the season? Maybe he was that big because he ate everything else in the lake, it was the only hit I got. LOL
    Lastweek end we did not get any hits either; however, there was a family at the campgrounds that said that got 6 from the shore with worms and bobbers???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15 inch koke.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	427.4 KB 
ID:	8500  

Good show
    That was about 15-1/4 inches bigger than what I got last Friday. (as in I got skunked)

nice.....perhaps a sign of things to come at Yale this year???? hard to imagine but maybe!!!

Good catch! While most of the Yale stock is smaller they have some good size fish lurking. It all depends on food supply and school numbers. Yale has natural spawn schools vs the hatchery boost that they get down stream.

Got out to Yale yesterday and the water looked a little better. also talked to 3 guys coming in and all 3 were able to put some meat in the cooler. Things are starting to look good.

I was at Yale a couple hours Friday afternoon and did well, caught 7; 3 were keepers. Sunday was slow, caught one. The wind was bad and by mid afternoon the waves were rough. Odd thing, there were young dead Kokes every where (we saw over fifty).

Fished today 5/6 we started at 6:30 quit about 11:30. Pretty slow for us 6 fish in the boat. Arrowflash dodgers , pink/ orange hoochies with tuna soaked corn. 1 and 2 ounces set back 75 to 100ft. I did get a few hits and one fish with a half ounce early. We fished mainly from the launch over to the houses. No hot spot a fish here and there.decent size for Yale 10 to 11 inches. One dink we put back.

Dead fish being reported at both Yale and Merwin, this is very concerning. Hope the fishery people are on top of this!!!???

Fished Yale mon the 5/30. Fished from 8:30 to 11:30. Water temp was 59. Downriggers early at 25 and 30ft later in the am went to 35 and 40ft. One rod longlining with 2 ounces 50ft back early 70 ft back later. Finished with ten in the boat put back 3 smaller ones. For Yale the fish were pretty nice 11inchers maybe a 12 in there. We launched out of Yale park and fished that area of the lake. Dodgers and hoochies with tuna soaked corn. P

Fished Yale on mon 6/13. Started at 8 done at 1:30. Ended up with 16. Arrow flash dodgers orange hoochies and pink hoochies. Downriggers did best from 20 to 35ft. Two longlines with 2oz 50 to 60ft back did best. Water temp was 62. Corn dyed pink did well. Launched at Yale park I fished from the launch to the houses.
    No real hot spot we had to work for them.

Buddy and I fished Yale last week 32 in 5 hours, pink and green wedding rings were the hot colors with pink corn soaked in tuna oil using both arrow flash and sling blade dodgers. No DR's used 3oz out 25 to 35 feet. trolling across from launch to island

It's hard to believe, but Sunday morning I took the boat out for the first time this year...😮. After the sonar battery failed to charge last night I went old school and used some tricks that I learned many years ago from fishing friends long gone to locate schools and feed areas. In the end Yale Lake did me good and I went 6:10 between 6-8:30 am fishing one pole. Fish were holding between 30-40' and bit both pink and green rigs.(Kokanee Creek Dodgers and spinners did their magic.)
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!