Thread: Trueblue intro

Default Trueblue intro

hello to all! Joined this site as I love fishing for Kokes, as you all do. I am retired and 78 years old (young). Been a devout fisherman since the young age of 11 when I bought my first fly rod. Grew up back east in Western Pennsylvania where fly fishing was king and started tying my own trout flies. Did lots of smallmouth and walleye fishing on the upper Allegheny and came to love the thrill of catching Wild brookies as far from civilization as I could get. Uncle was a licensed guide and owned a hunting / fishing lodge in upper Ontario. Spent my summers there learning how to better catch macs, speckles & kamloops for my uncles business. My work took me to the South and later to Utah in 1992 where My interests turned to trolling for trout and Kokes. I have since added stripers and saltwater salmon to my trolling adventures. Make many of my own lures and flashers. Am grateful for my very good health and a wife who loves fishing almost as much as I. Our boat is "True Blue", a blue & white 21' Trophy Pro that we take to all the big waters in the West in pursuit of trout, salmon, stripers & walleye. We are devoted to trolling and love the thrill of hearing those great words ... Fish On! Best regards to you all and if you see my boat please say hello. Trueblue

Welcome! Good luck chasing kokes.

Welcome aboard
    I just know stuff...

Welcome TrueBlu . Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome Trueblue What part of Utah you in? Will be looking fwd to hearing about your adventures.

Hi Bduck, we live in Midway, a little town over the hill from Park City. We usually make three or four trips to the Gorge each year, usually in May June & July, and sometimes in Sept for the Macs. Stay in Manila. Last year was an incredible year for Kokes at nearby Strawberry, so hit that really hard last year.

Went to the Columbia R for the Aug salmon run and surprised to find probably 90% of the anglers using the newer Big Al's
    Fish Flasher, which we used also with great success. Seems like if it works that well for Kings and Silvers, it might work for Kokes (sockeye) as well. I'm making up some smaller 4" versions to see if they will work. Tried the 6" one available from Cabelas, but never got a hit. I'll post results and pictures of my small fish flash soon as I can get on the water.

Know where Midway is. Enjoyed the ice castles there. Check out our gathering at Bear L. Been up to Strawberry a couple time last year and looking to go more this year. Was a little enemic going to the Gorge last year and hoping to make up for it.