Thread: Okuma Linecounter reels

Default Okuma Linecounter reels

Coldwater or Convector?
    Just wondering if anyone has fished with a Convector and how they compare to the Coldwater.
    Thanks,
    Rod

Don't have one but really like the looks of the low profile version of the Coldwater. Have you seen that one?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Don't have one but really like the looks of the low profile version of the Coldwater. Have you seen that one?
    I did see those and really like the looks of them. Problem is they are a little to expensive for me. If I could fined a couple for around the 100 buck range that is what I would go with. One reason I like the classic Coldwater is because they are so small but I've never tried the Convector yet.

i have a few of the convectors and they have been good reels, the line counter reset buttons do stick in cooler weather but some lube occasionally on them solves that

i like these reels below even better, they have the same amount of hrs on them as my okumas and they have no reset button issues and the drags appear to be smoother than the okumas, and at $39.99 you cant go wrong

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabel...tt=depthmaster
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

I purchased a Okuma last year at the Sportsman show they are great for the money. The gear ratio compared to the dawia no comparison.

Been using 2 convector 15's for years and same with 2 magdapro 30's. Good smooth operating reels. As mentioned line counter reset sticks once in a while in cold but lube takes care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    I just found a couple lp Coldwaters on Amazon for $120. I think I'll give them a try. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by AverysAdventure View Post
    I just found a couple lp Coldwaters on Amazon for $120. I think I'll give them a try. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Rod
    AverysAdventure, I just bought some new Coldwaters from Redsgear for about $80 each. I have $10 off coupon for each reel if your interested.

Brent

Welcome to the site . I did see those but I didn't dig into it to see if the had the low profile models. I check it out and get back with you. Thank you!

Default Puma CW 354 DLX

How do you like them so far? I just bought one from SW , the low profile left hand version.
    What line did you fill these with?

Quote Originally Posted by Teknys View Post
    How do you like them so far? I just bought one from SW , the low profile left hand version.
    What line did you fill these with?

I'm loving them. I ended up with a CW-153DLX and a CW-354DLX. I spooled them both with Cabela's 20# Hi Vis Mono and mounted them on a couple old Whuppin' Sticks I had. I hope to upgrade poles at a later date. Catfish, kokanee and bass on them so far. Hope to drag in a chinook or two next week with them.

I've several Convector 15s and have not had any real issue with any of them over several years.

Do the low profile Coldwaters have an alarm clicker? I find that very useful to stack poles on a downrigger and when using my set ups for long line trolling.