Thread: Just back from a great trip to Paulina, August 24, 25, and 26th.

Default Just back from a great trip to Paulina, August 24, 25, and 26th.

Fished Paulina Monday afternoon and limited in a couple of hours, fishing 240 water between the resort and the group camp area, downrigger trolling at 40 feet with red beads behind a seps silver dodger. Garlic corn. I jigged while trolling with an orange with black spot buzz bomb style (home made) jig and doubled up once, got both in the box. I repeated the same tactic Tuesday morning. Started fishing and 6am and back at Little Crater camp by 8am with a nice limit. Same tactic. Wednesday morning same thing, same place and got 3 on the jig. My screen went black from schooling fish. All nice, big fat, kokanee. A couple were turning color with a semi hooked nose. All good. Thanks to Silver Bullets for guiding me to the spot. Much aloha. See ya next year at Paulina.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonfarmer View Post
    Fished Paulina Monday afternoon and limited in a couple of hours, fishing 240 water between the resort and the group camp area, downrigger trolling at 40 feet with red beads behind a seps silver dodger. Garlic corn. I jigged while trolling with an orange with black spot buzz bomb style (home made) jig and doubled up once, got both in the box. I repeated the same tactic Tuesday morning. Started fishing and 6am and back at Little Crater camp by 8am with a nice limit. Same tactic. Wednesday morning same thing, same place and got 3 on the jig. My screen went black from schooling fish. All nice, big fat, kokanee. A couple were turning color with a semi hooked nose. All good. Thanks to Silver Bullets for guiding me to the spot. Much aloha. See ya next year at Paulina.
    Great report Fishon... sounds like a nice trip!!