Thread: Cascade

Default Cascade

Spent the week at Cascade caught ton's of big Rainbows all but 1 who got a hook in his gills are back in and ready to fight. Did great on the Kokes but not one Coho? I sure hope there is no problem forming there, The Kokes were just full of very big fresh water shrimp.

On the down side my wife has informed me not to bring home any more Salmon this year.... : (

Thanks for the Cascade update JTM. Sounds like you had a great week. Now I got another place to consider for my next 4 days off.

Any details you can provide on the kokes? Location? Depth? Tried for em last year but didn't have something right. Tolling from the damn to up around Crown Point trying to stay in the deeper water. Going to be up this weekend and might give er a go.

Quote Originally Posted by AverysAdventure View Post
    Thanks for the Cascade update JTM. Sounds like you had a great week. Now I got another place to consider for my next 4 days off.
    4 day's off I thought I was doing good with my 3 days off!! Where ever you go I hope you have a great time!!!!

Thanks! I alternate 3 and 4 off but I do pay a price for it working 12 hour days. On 3 day weekends we do chores and fish local. On 4 day weekends we go some place. Avery wants to land a king this week so off to the SF we go tomorrow.

I fished Cascade the last two weeks. I trolled mainly from Gold Fork River to south of the island. Lots of rainbows. A few kokanee. I didn't find any area that consistently produced kokanee. A fish here and a fish there. Usually not more than one or two in a day. I was fishing 20 to 30 feet down when I got the kokanee. As for the coho, the fish and game stocking site says they haven't been planted in Cascade since 2011. They are probably all gone now. The trout I caught were good sized and put up a good fight. The warming water will force them deeper and make them harder to find.

Fished, or more correctly tried to fish the week before labor day. Rain and high winds kept me off the lake most days. One morning in the fog I picked-up 6 of the legendary Cascade Perch and while trolling back to the camper for breakfast picked up 2 small mouth bass. One over 6# the other around 3#. Not a trout or salmon to be had this trip. The day we left was beautiful but it always is....

Any news on kokes from this year in Cascade Lake?

Have not heard a thing but will be up there the week after next for 3 days giving it a shot. Should be camped at Sugarloaf in the blue Willie

Default Cascade Kokes

Fished Saturday July 2nd for about two hours, landed 2 Kokanee and 3 trout. Released the trout. Kokanee were nice 14 to 16 inchers. Flasher and Perch needle fish with worm 22 ft down on rigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishiniwasfishin View Post
    Fished Saturday July 2nd for about two hours, landed 2 Kokanee and 3 trout. Released the trout. Kokanee were nice 14 to 16 inchers. Flasher and Perch needle fish with worm 22 ft down on rigger.
    Finally caught my first Cascade Koke....and thankfully released it unharmed. Spent 9 days at Cascade and picked up huge small mouth bass, a couple of cats, few perch and 2 trout over 22". I was told that there are Lake Trout as well as salmon in the lake but I have yet to catch ether.

When we were up there the week before the 4th we picked up 80 some trout with 2 over 25".

I have not caught a Kokanee on Cascade on soft water. What part of the lake do them seem to hang out in?

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    I have not caught a Kokanee on Cascade on soft water. What part of the lake do them seem to hang out in?
    Near the dam...I was trolling through the river channel (dotted lines) at the 60+' contour, 30' deep with a minnow lure. The lake was 16' down, based on the contour lines/sonar readings last week when we were there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	8801

Some of what you posted is the same areas I've tried in the past. That is pretty much where I figured they'd be.