Views:	181 
Size:	287.1 KB 
ID:	8111

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150615_100358.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	601.8 KB 
ID:	8112
    Angling the Northwest one fish at a time.

Nice fish Mike!

thanks, the lake is a little used resource, hope some guys get to experience it.

Looks like a beautiful setting. Having a house that bordered a Koke lake would blow my mind.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Yep! Sutherland is a great Lake for Kokes. Here's another "under the radar spot" out on the West end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emz6DhxqWv0

That was an interesting video and I am going to try the technique on sockeye. The lake you did the video on would be closed for sockeye retention, correct?

Congrats but "SHUSHHHHHHHH".....

I love this off the beaten path lake that my Son was shown by a few locals, he was stationed in PA years ago. They invited me and I must say it "HOOKED ME" on Kokanee fishing forever!!!!

I'm planning a trip in the coming weeks to spend a week there. SHUSHHHHHH......

sorry, but honestly, do you think the lake is going to suddenly see two dozen anglers on it? It's a bit of a long drive, or pay for a ferry (not cheap with a boat). It's one rod and five fish limit. IMO, someone going there means one less person fishing somewhere else, so it's a zero sum game. I've already gotten several hate messages. Other than not understanding why anyone would send a hate message to a total stranger, I just don't get the logic. I'd be willing to bet the guys that sent the messages have never even fished the lake. Haters gotta hate.

Quote Originally Posted by washingtonlakes View Post
    That was an interesting video and I am going to try the technique on sockeye. The lake you did the video on would be closed for sockeye retention, correct?
    A colleague of mine did the video. They were doing DNA analysis to discern beach verses stream spawning populations of sockeye. Yes, it is closed to "sockeye" retention and protection by having a minimum size for kokanee of 6" and a maximum size of 18". "Sockeye" larger than 18" must be released.

Those who send hate mail to Mike simply don't know the man. He is one of the most humble caring people I have met. His whole thing is to help other people have success fishing. Kudos to you Mike for all you do to promote fishing and the sharing of fishing info for all of us to learn from.

Alan

thanks Alan, much appreciated. I've been very fortunate and have met so many good guys from running my web site. Truly blessed.

I meant my comment to be on a funny note but cannot, for the life of me, reason with people who are keyboard commandos that think they can send out hating messages.
    Would like to meet them at the boat ramp one day!!!!

I don't think anyone here was thinking your comment was a hate message. I didn't take it that way, and sorry if my reply was taken in that light. Trust me, the hate messages I got there was little doubt.
    I actually have already had one person stalk me and give me death threats. I ended up having to get a restraining order against the guy. It was unnerving to say the least.

Holy Crap!!! Did you find out which site he found you on? This world is going to HeII in a handbasket!!!

It was my old site, WashingtonLakes.com. Like most bullies, when confronted by a detective he lied and then never showed up at the restraining court date to defend himself in front of a judge and my witnesses.

Yeah, tough on a keyboard but full of bunny fur F2F....

My son and I went out on 8-25 & 26, limits by 9:30 both mornings!!!! Watch the FF and set depth accordingly and they bit on everything we put down there. Had 2 15 "ers on Tuesday and 1 16"er on Wednesday. Love that lake, had two other boats that were targeting the trout of which we never had one bite our offerings.