Thread: Thurston County Lake

Default Thurston County Lake

Fished a local Lake today. Hit it at O'Dark thirty w/o a soul around. The fish were not in their normal spots but once located I made quick work of it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030891.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	8091

Nice!!! I'm heading there tomorrow morning early.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHDR View Post
    Nice!!! I'm heading there tomorrow morning early.
    Right on STLHDR! Hope ya got some! Been spacing my catch to every 10 days. Taking scale/heads for WDFW work. They've been thermo-marking the otoliths on selected plants to specific lakes. Good science which will reward Koke fishers in the future in terms developing fingerling plants. Heading out there tomorrow. Will report back on the growth.

Hey STLHDR, hit it today for a couple hours of effort at O'Stupid thirty with the grandson. Just fished one rod and one rigger to avoid the "cluster". Lost three but put four in the boat. They're about as big as they're going to get, 11.5" avg. F.L. and all sexually mature. It'll be interesting just how long we can fish on 'em.

Attachment 8240

Great, I may have to venture back that way soon. I have not made it back there, had too many irons in the fire.

Better get on it soon. It wasn't quite "Lights Out" fishing but I took some nice ones averaging 8oz each. Three males and two females which were a weeks away from "spawning".

Attachment 8254Attachment 8255

Thanks for that tid bit...

Hit the Kettle. Getting kinda late but bagged a limit of bucks. Scales are absorbing fast and it looks like the end for these critters. Sexually mature. Final average fork length = 11.5"

Attachment 8278

Hit the Kettle the other day. Plenty of trout on the surface but after 4 hours of running over the entire Lake, not a Koke found! Looks like a run out to Summit or Alder.