Thread: Chelan in June?

Default Chelan in June?

Any current info on what's happening at Lake Chelan will be appreciated. We will be there June 8-12.

Weather permitting, I'll be fishing it on Monday, June 1st.

Looking forward to your post!

Hi Bogey - North end in 30' worked OK. Three colors lead core or 20' on the wire. Take a look at the report at
    http://www.washingtonlakes.com/Repor...73&lid=412&t=1

PM me for more info if you would like. - Alan

Oh boy, how did do that? You asked about Chelan not Loon. My apologies - Alan

Alan, LOL, I was gone ALL day yesterday and just saw this... I though "Oh boy, a fresh report..." It was like Lucy pulling the football away from me!! The weather tomorrow looks beyond crappy, but my partner wants to go, so I think we'll take off EARLY and try to get some fishing in before the downpour/thunder/lightening chases us!

Froggie - we let the "heavy rain" "thunderstorms" and wind forecast change our minds at the last minute and didn't go. I hate when that happens, I had the boat loaded, rods all tied up, clothes laid out, two alarm clocks set for 3:00 AM, I mean I was ready to go and wanting to fish, but my buddy and I called it at the last minute - too far to go for that kind of weather...

Good luck next week!

Watching the weather reports from here too! Hope we can get in at least 2-3 mornings of fishing Chelan before we head to Spokane!

We finally made it to Chelan to start our 2 weeks of WA.

We arrived Monday afternoon and launched at Mill Bay. What a great ramp! I headed to Manson and found our slip at the city Parks and Recreation dock. This is truly a 1st class operation. Nice slips, electricity, and restrooms with showers. You can camp in your boat if it is big enough!

We stayed at the Mountain View. Another nice place...they even have gas grills etc set up in a really nice pavillion and they lend you the utensils.

Day one:
    We head out at daylight and go straight to the Blue Roof Condos. We both are anxious to try our gear on the local fish. I put down a chrome Apex and Sepp's dodger and purple/yellow Uncle Larry's spinner behind a silver and green dodger. Froggie puts down a Murphy's Lolli-Pop bug with a Warermelon Crystal Basin WildThing dodger and a Mac Tackle Wedding Ring (brass and red) and a red sparkle dodger.

We caught fish on all of them. We caught fish right away. We fished that area a few hours and caught 13 nice kokes between 12 and 15 inches. We sometimes got closer to the Chelan Shores and sometime towards Rocky Point but down at the lower end most of the morning. 10:30 or so we pulled out and went up by Monument, Wapato Point and the State
    Park...no action there. We quit around 1:00. Today's fish were all on my Apex, Capt Ken's Orange Diamond, and Mag Tackle's pink splatter micro-mini mag spinner/hootchie.

Day two: Due to a mix up on our tags we can only use one rod each now.
    We head out early into some strong wind. We motor to the lower end and it is way too rough to fish. Looks like time to try new territory. We blast to the state park and drop in. My Apex draws first blood and we manage 3 before the wind lays down. We head back to the "Blue Roof" area and start trolling. Time to try some new stuff. My Apex is still working but Froggie goes to a Capt Ken's Orange Diamond spinner behind one of his Orandge Crush dodger...fish on! The fishing is tougher and we only end up with 6 fish day two. They are all between 12-16 inches today. When we get back to the slip we meet a local guy staying in his cuddy cabin at the slips. Randy is an awesome guy and really shared a lot of great info. He invited us to try a couple of places with him the next day...he even lent me a cord to plug in my boat.

Day three:
    Once again the wind is up so we follow Randy out and tuck in behind Wapato Point. The bite was on. I get bit on my Apex and boat a beautiful 15 incher. As I'm putting back down Froggie's Orange Diamond starts singing....the clicker was going reee...as she grabs it...after some jumps and dives she boats a shiny silver bullet right at 16 inches. There was lull as we circled back in....wham my chrome apex goes off and I have a 17 inch beauty...this is the only fish we kept all week...(we are gonna be on the road for 2 weeks; we can't keep them frozen). The next couple of hours were fun. We'd have a lull then a nice fish and then it stopped. We lost as many as we boated! We had 6 between 15 an 17 inches in like 3 hours...wow!

We pulled up and headed for the Blue Roofs. We managed 3 more before we went exploring else where. We tried the State Park, Monument, and Wapato Point with no luck. We finally called it quits at 1:00. What a great day! We did boat one critter at Monument. A duck adopted us. He was following so close he was riding the eddy by the swim step...he finally climbed up on our swim step and sat down...then our 9 month lab/dachsaund mix pup saw him...Good thing I was watching cause Daegan (the pup) was airborne over the transom before I caught him.

Total: 29 kokes in 3 days
    What worked: Apex, spinners, lollipop bug and one on a bubble gum hootchie.
    What it smelled like: Garlic, anise, and Kokanee lunker lotion were the best scents
    How fast: 1.2-1.5 on the gps
    How deep: early 50-70 feet, late 54-102 feet
    Tomorrow we hit Hayden or Pend Orielle and then the next day we switch...I'll post.
    Froggie has the pics.

See you out there
    Tortuga

PS: we noticed no one uses vhf up here...it sure is fun to brag on the radio!
    See you out there
    Tortuga

Trolling the blue roofed condo area:

Some fish pics:

Capt. Ken's Orange Crush:

Chrome Apex w/ chrome dodger was the hot lure: [img width=573 height=768]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q681/juberogers/Whirlwind%20Fishing%20Trip%20to%20WA%202015/image.jpg3_zpssxbsnhxk.jpg[/img]

Lollipop strikes again:

Daegan & Mocha watching the poles: [img width=573 height=768]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q681/juberogers/Whirlwind%20Fishing%20Trip%20to%20WA%202015/image.jpg1_zpsb1o0ycjf.jpg[/img]

Another nice one:

My turn to watch the poles:

Really clear water, downrigger ball at 10':
    Only one we kept: