Thread: on our way to the gorge

Default on our way to the gorge

We are headed up thursday and we curious to know how the fishing is and what depths are they runninng at.

Welcome croundy , glad to have you

The season is just getting, look here on this board to seek your answer, not many reports in yet. We'll be looking fwd to your report and of coarse some pictures.

Where you staying?
    We're heading up Friday after work, going to camp & launch in Lucerne

Quote Originally Posted by TRUBBS View Post
    Where you staying?
    We're heading up Friday after work, going to camp & launch in Lucerne
    14 ft pink double glow squids,,, 14 ft,,,Anvil, pipeline....limits await...:)

I will be at FG Thursday and Friday look for my 19' Tracker boat. I have a marine radio but it is only good for about 4 miles.
    The guy I'm going with wants to fish for Rainbows, but I think we will get or 6 kokes.

we are staying at lucerne we like to fish up by the farm house all the way back to the utah side we are hoping for a great weekend!! good luck every one

Quote Originally Posted by croundy View Post
    we are staying at lucerne we like to fish up by the farm house all the way back to the utah side we are hoping for a great weekend!! good luck every one
    I talked to a guy last week that went to the farm house and he could not find the kokes.

How about squaw? Heard a couple guys talking that there pretty heavy in there?
    Isn't squaw just the next bay up from farm house?
    Still trying to get familiar with the bays north of the border lol

I think they changed the name but they should be there some place they may be bigger there than the pipe line.

First off, it's not a farm house, it's a ranch as in brinegars ranch. The next ramp up from the ranch house is called upper marsh creek ramp. Squaw hollow is across from this ramp on the west side.
    liketrolling, was you at the lake last Tuesday around anvil draw area? Seen a nice tracker ,red and black, that was behind us for awhile. I will be on the water tomorrow , I will try to give a report when i get home.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Was out last tues, we finally caught our limits ,but had to fish long and hard for them. Pink was the color, my friend was using a rmt double glow pink squid,with a rmt pink hyper plaid dodger, 80 ft off the ball 20 ft down, I was using a rmt squid in bubble gum with a blade, with a rmt blue bahama dodger, 75 ft off the ball 25 ft down. speed was 1.6, no real rhyme or reason as to the catching. Never graphed a lot of fish. Most of the fish caught was in the middle marsh area.

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    Was out last tues, we finally caught our limits ,but had to fish long and hard for them. Pink was the color, my friend was using a rmt double glow pink squid,with a rmt pink hyper plaid dodger, 80 ft off the ball 20 ft down, I was using a rmt squid in bubble gum with a blade, with a rmt blue bahama dodger, 75 ft off the ball 25 ft down. speed was 1.6, no real rhyme or reason as to the catching. Never graphed a lot of fish. Most of the fish caught was in the middle marsh area.
    I was there Tue we got all are kokes below the pipe line, and I love the bubble gum squid, useing about the same set back got them from 20 to 10' down but Thursday did catch 2 at 27' down. I did not see a lot of fish on the fishfinder. so it is hard to tell where to fish.
    I was going to say (Ranch House) but did't

I disagree It is to a farm house.

Quote Originally Posted by mtncat1 View Post
    I disagree It is to a farm house.
    Then why is it called Bringegars ranch on maps of the gorge? what makes you think it's a farm? You ever been there, I have it was a working sheep and cattle ranch at one time.

never been closer than in the boat but it's always been referred to as the farm house for years and years. so maybe your mistaken sheep farms are very common in Utah lol

Gotta go with Propnut on this one, It's always been the ranch!
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

you Wyoming guys just don't under stand your terms correctly. you farm cows, sheep and horses ,you ranch corn, carrots, and hay. let me know if you need anything else explained .

you Wyoming guys just don't under stand your terms correctly. you farm cows, sheep and horses ,you ranch corn, carrots, and hay. let me know if you need anything else explained .

Ok whatever, you can call it anything you want to. Call it a ranch or a farm ,or a oasis in the desert, or call it a one story rural dwelling for all i care. i will continue to call it a ranch.

IT WAS A JOKE I guess not a very good one on my part

I use to live in the southern states. There were farms everywhere you look. I relate a farmer working the land growing crops. A rancher is one raising livestock and they do grow hay or corn for a livestock feed source. Some farmers do have small herds but don't rely on a monetary income but only as a personal food source. My cousin inherited 500 acres from his father(my uncle) in Tennessee, where they grew cotton, soybean, corn and just enough hay for a small 15 herd cattle livestock. Bringegars is what I have always known as a ranch. Acres & acres of land with ranch house, open range and probable hay fields. How many of you have ever seen the huge cattle ranches in Colorado & Kansas?

IT WAS A JOKE I guess not a very good one on my part
    Don't give up you're day job.

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    Don't give up you're day job.
    thanks I won't