My buddy and I went to Wallowa Lake on Saturday, April 4. We were the only people on the lake until about 4:00 pm. Must have had something to do with the fact that it snowed (at times real heavy) from daylight until 1:30 pm. If it had been windy at all, we would not have stuck around long. Even with the snowy weather the lake was like glass nearly all day long. However, we did not even have one single bite!!! We started at the north end of the lake. We started out trolling on the top until we found the schooled up fish. We then dropped our lines down via downrigger to 20-30 feet. After a couple of hours and multiple lure, flasher, and bait changes proved unsuccessful we changed to jigging. Nothing!!! At about 1:30 we trailered the boat to the south end of the lake and attempted our luck until 6:00. Again, not one single bite!! I was shocked and completely disappointed!! I marked a lot more fish on the south end of the lake than the north end. Even thought we were skunked, it was still an enjoyable day. Hard to have a bad time while fishing.