Thread: Macs

Default Macs

Ok guys we are going up late March and will be getting a guide to take us mac fishing. We will also be taking the boat up and fishing the next day for macs.
    My questions are what kind of tackle do we need?

Fishing pole suggestions for trolling and jigging length/action?

Jigging tackle size, color, and style. Baited scented?

Trolling tackle ?

I'm looking for suggestions so we have something to use while we are on our own.

Thanks for any help and feel free to pm me if you don't want it out in the open.

Tim
    Tim

When I fish the Gorge its usually for kokes. I'm not a mac hunter but that doesn't mean I don't catch them. I use my light kokanee rigs and tackle. These handle up to 20lb brutes and with 10lb line means you have to play them a while longer. The macs I do catch mostly usually range up to 5lb average. Those sizes are not that picky with koke tackle. You can find them hanging around the dinner table when kokes are in the area, humps and structures. A lot of the bigger macs are deep in ambush mode too. Rapalas, flatfish, spoons, plugs, even a larger squid behind a dodger on a downrigger should get you results. I don't do jigging at all. I say your on the right track going out on a guided trip to pick up tips.

Thanks Bduck
    Tim