Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's go!

Default Let's go!

Anybody else getting the itch to get on the soft water? This nice weather has me thinking about Kokes and Bows!!!!

I got the itch but it's going to be a long wait out here in Ct. Probably 16" of ice and another 12" or more snow on top of that. Still single digit temps at night and 20's during the day.

we got out a few times last couple of weeks, while the weather was nice. We did decent, but the fish there were not schooled up yet, so it was pretty slow. 5 first trip and 4 the second. Few trout hear and there. Was just nice to get on the water. I feel more at home on the boat than anywhere else. The weather has not been holding, and I fear the ice is starting to build back up

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Tracker View Post
    I got the itch but it's going to be a long wait out here in Ct. Probably 16" of ice and another 12" or more snow on top of that. Still single digit temps at night and 20's during the day.
    I don't envy the reports I'm seeing but wish we could see more of a winter pattern here. Ice on was late coming & ice off is early. Been out once locally.

I was at Flaming Gorge did not see any Ice. Saw a lot of lake trout on the bottom but did not see a lot of fish higher up. The bad thing about this time of year is I start thinking about buying stuff that I don't need.
    Last edited by liketrolling; 02-24-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    I was at Flaming Gorge did not see any Ice. Saw a lot of lake trout on the bottom but did not see a lot of fish higher up. The bad thing about this time of year is I start thinking about buying stuff that I don't need.
    lol, i do this all year. real bad this time of year, cuz i cant get koks off my mind. so close, yet so far away........But I dropped $40 yesterday on hoochies and dodgers

"Hi, my name is Rick and I'm a tackleholic". Been going to TA meetings for years.

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    "Hi, my name is Rick and I'm a tackleholic". Been going to TA meetings for years.
    A room full of tackleholics? LOL! Bet some pretty good stuff comes out of those meetings.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

sounds like something i need to get in on
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Sounds like we need a "Tackleholic Swapmeet".

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Sounds like we need a "Tackleholic Swapmeet".
    I've got so much that I need to just plain give it away so I have room to start gathering it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    I've got so much that I need to just plain give it away so I have room to start gathering it all over again.
    SuperD, I can send you my address, be glad to help out.http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/f...hysterical.gif

I'm pretty sure there would be a hell of a turnout for those meetings! I have done quit a bit of tackle additions myself this off season. Looking forward to giving everything a try. Sounds like the lake has been getting some attention with this early spring weather, can't wait to give her a go myself!!!

Default Second trip

Quote Originally Posted by Bearbone View Post
    I'm pretty sure there would be a hell of a turnout for those meetings! I have done quit a bit of tackle additions myself this off season. Looking forward to giving everything a try. Sounds like the lake has been getting some attention with this early spring weather, can't wait to give her a go myself!!!
    I have made two trips to the gorge in the last four weeks. 1st day green gitizs 20-25 ft lots of rainbos second day tired of casting decided to troll for a while rainbo fishing was slower than pitching jigs but did manage to pick up several rainbos and 3 nice kokanee not big but healthy and I have never caught kokes in January at the gorge. On our last trip black marabou jigs were the hot set up fish were on the bottom early so pitched 1/8 oz. later in the morning fish were suppended and I went to 1/16 oz. both sizes were in black and with the barbs crimped down lots of the rainbos came unbuttoned but did manage to boat as many as we lost color on the fish this time of year is spectacular

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    oh man I'm surprised we did see each other a the tackle anonymous meetings.

Onlychild do you have pictures? I'm sure we would all love to see these beautiful fish you speak of!

Default Second trip

Quote Originally Posted by Bearbone View Post
    Onlychild do you have pictures? I'm sure we would all love to see these beautiful fish you speak of!
    Bearbone the only photos that I had taken were of the scenery the lake was flat as glass and not a cloud in the sky petty4life helped me post my last photos sorry but I am not very skilled at this stuff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01art02.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	7820
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01art01.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	7821

send me the pics art and ill help you again
    I just know stuff...

Launched the boat today for the first time. Was not at the Gorge, but Glendo and got one fat preggo walleye. Snapped a few pictures and let her go so she could spawn.

you can send some my way to lol I dont have nearly enough tackle.

im hoping to get up either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in april, figure fishing will probably be slow but hopefully can get a few

Not free, but I just listed a lure purge on the classifieds.

Not free, but I just listed a lure purge on the classifieds.
    Cant believe I missed out on the lure purge.

We are heading up next weekend.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by BAGGEDLB7 View Post
    Tim,
    Let's just say that some of your fellow forum members are greedy tackle hoarders. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BAGGEDLB7 View Post

We are heading up next weekend.
    Tim,
    Let's just say that some of your fellow forum members are greedy tackle hoarders. LOL!

Guilty lol
    I'm hopefully going the weekend after Easter to see I can't find any fish & try everything out

Tim,
    You greedy #$#$#**#s.
    lol JK. After my disappointment of missing out, I realized that I probably should do some purging myself being I have a bunch of stuff that's never been used and probably wont be now that I've had good luck with some of my own creations.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast