Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Lake Kokanee

That was a joke directed toward the guy who writes for the spokesman review, he seems to troll these sites and then post other peoples reports and details. His name is allen....It wasn't directed toward you, I never paid attention to your user name until now.

No problem. He should spend more time on the water trolling.......

Smile A good day at Hayden

Caught a limit of blueback yesterday. Some at 25 feet some deeper. A variety of sizes ranging from 8" to 14" Very nice meat on these fish.

Do you have any more info regarding lure color, scent, trolling speed, general area or water temp?

Quote Originally Posted by stjoemitch View Post
    Caught a limit of blueback yesterday. Some at 25 feet some deeper. A variety of sizes ranging from 8" to 14" Very nice meat on these fish.
    Do you have any more info regarding lure color, scent, trolling speed, general area or water temp?

I caught them mainly on pink hoochies, corn + tuna oil, .8 mph, all along lower north side of lake

lines in water by 0630 marked and caught fish from 5' to 120' most were gill plate clipped 7" fish. Managed to get 3 that were close to 12 1/2 " landed 37 kept a limit. best speed was keeping GPS going back and forth 1.38-1.50. caught fish on both wedding rings and hoochies with pop gear and Dogers. bait used was maggots and corn.

How short are you tying your leaders with the hoochies? Last few times I've been out I've rigged them about 7" behind the dodger.

Also, are you using live maggots? Or Berkley?

Has anyone had luck fishing for Kamloops in Hayden? Its nice to mix things up after a day of koke fishing and I know the lake has be stocked with Triploids but I haven't been able to get on them yet. I've been trying 4.5 apexs and lyman plugs from the surface down to about 25' trolling at 2.5-2.8 without any luck. I've heard fishing at dusk is the most productive time, any truth to that?
    Last edited by minus0ne; 05-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.

leader length was 8" and yes real Maggots

Default Any big kokes left?

I started fishing hayden weekly at the end of February. Its my home lake, so I am fortunate to know it well. Big (up to 20") Kokanee have obviously declined over the years for various reasons stated in this thread. BUT! There are still a few big guys out there. Few and far between I have had to weed thru the little guys (which never used to be an issue). Landing these buggers is tough but a blast. Largest this season was right at 18" and 1.9 lbs. That would have been an absolute hog by late summer.

Lately most of my bites come from pink hoochies, 8" behind various dodgers with UV, tipped with corn in tuna or dipped in Krill/Anise Super dipping sauce. When the fish are feeding on the surface I have been trolling 4/0 chrome dodger with and 18" leader back to my own tie up of Macks Mini wedding ring with chrome smile blade. My absolute most productive speed for surface troll has been 1.1, while I seem to pick up the deeper fish down to 90' at 1.5 mph. Its been a blast, I love the idea of fellow koke addicts sharing info (to an extent )

Has anyone else been able to scratch out kokes over 16" this year? Have landed a few Rainbows in the 5 lb range on White hoochie spinner with maggots just fyi and lots of dinks.

Good luck out there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00001 (11).jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	8567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00001 (7).jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	8566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00001 (8).jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	8568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00001 (9).jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	8569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00001 (10).jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	8570  

couple more

Name:	ATT00001 (12).jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	8571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00001 (13).jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	8572  

Default Memorial Day Hayden Lake - Novice report

I went out for my 2nd time ever fishing for Kokanee out at Hayden yesterday. Trolling s-turns .8 to 1.6 at 30-35ft. I had trouble with my second downrigger so essentially fished one line. 5 decent fish 9-13" in about 2.5 hours. I used straight up corn on a red wedding ring behind a chrome dodger. 2nd line had a mack's pink kokanee squidder but couldn't get it down past about 25 feet. I marked some hits on the fish finder at that depth but no solid bites.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kok1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	8609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kok2.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	8610

Default 20 Kokanee to a zip lock

fished from 7-1 yesterday with Brian Kept 30 little fellers, most were 10" and 3 were 12", corn was the bait of the day soaked pro cure krill oil 44 doger with a red wedding ring and a green one on the other side, 30-40' 1.38-1.50 speed. I hope some of you go and thin out some of these little corn thief's.

Default pretty much over

the last two days have been very red fish and less frequent.. I am putting her to bed see you after duck season hayden lake thanks for the fun...

Default Ice Fishing on Hayden Lake 2017

I've lived in Hayden for over thirty years and this is the first Kokanee ice fishing season that I have experienced on Hayden Lake. It took a little bit of time but I figured it out. The Kokanee were 11- 14 inches and great to eat. One fish fed one adult. My best day I caught 13.

Name:	Hayden Kokanee 1.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	8941  

Default Is it spring yet?

Any kokanee being caught on Hayden this year?
    Take time before time takes you

Default Hayden

Be there first thing tomorrow.
    Will let u know

Default Hayden kokes

Fished yesterday and found nice fish. Took a while to find em but once we were in em we had fast action.
    Depth is the thing on Hayden early in the spring (or late winter). Once you find that they are easy...
    39' was consistant.

Default New Member. ?

Live in Hayden. Headed to Lake. Would a good start be 35' ish dodger and hoochies? Thanks.

Default Hayden kokes

We been getting most fish out in open water.
    Not much luck along the shoreline. My buddy fished it today and picked up 2 limits. He said 19-30'.
    Using flame aspect 1.5" Bite really turns on around 2:00.....go figure

Default size?

Quote Originally Posted by salmonriverrick View Post
    We been getting most fish out in open water.
    Not much luck along the shoreline. My buddy fished it today and picked up 2 limits. He said 19-30'.
    Using flame aspect 1.5" Bite really turns on around 2:00.....go figure
    What size are the fish running now?
    Take time before time takes you

Default Lake Pend Oreille?

Has anyone tried the ramp at Farragut? I was thinking of trying for some Kokes and Macks if the weather cooperates.

11-13" few bigger usually throw the hooks at you at the boat...

Default Thrown Hooks?

Just because I am always wanting to learn.. What types of hooks treble or tandem singles

Thanks,

J

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast