Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Went up last Thursday just to get the family out. Trolled around the big bay between the LP dam and Spring Shores. Fished for about and hour, hooked up with four and landed three. ( could not reel the double in). but that was last week.
    06 Lowe 185. 150 HO Etec

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Buddy fished near dam for awhile on Saturday with little luck and marked only a few fish. He later moved on to other waters and found more active fish.
    Thanks for the reply, Spring Shores seems to be the only game at LP now.

We were up there this weekend - caught 7 on Friday straight out from the ramp close to the dam about 200yds and 31ft down. Saturday was absolutely dead - tried everything at every depth by the dam and around the power lines and fall creek with no luck. Sunday, caught 14 while trolling from just under the power lines and heading towards Pine along the south bank for about 2 miles and back in just over 2 hours. All at 31ft that day too. Early afternoon on both days was the best. Can't believe some of the toads we pulled too - nice and fat . Caught most on the Chartreuse Stage 3 Fish with Gary dodger and it's matching lure. One of my best setups for sure.

Water temp started at 77 on Friday and was 81 by Sunday. Seemed to mark most where the water was around 100ft deep.

Good luck!!!

finally gonna get back up to anderson coming up. We are getting married on the 11th at the golf course, and will be staying in a sweet in featherville for 5 days. Im so bringing up the boat. Probably hit the water thur night, fri morning, and sunday morning for sure. Hope the bite is on
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

I had much better luck today than I did a week ago. I trolled towards the dam from Spring Shores. From 7:30 until some time after 9 all I got was two light taps. By 10 I had 4 in the boat. It took until noon to get the last two fish. I was fishing 20 to 30 feet deep with a pink spinner and a purple spinner. Four long line releases didn't help. I always claim they wouldn't taste good, and at least my wife believes me. It's good to have someone who believes in you.

Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 06-30-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetroll View Post
    We were up there this weekend - caught 7 on Friday straight out from the ramp close to the dam about 200yds and 31ft down. Saturday was absolutely dead - tried everything at every depth by the dam and around the power lines and fall creek with no luck. Sunday, caught 14 while trolling from just under the power lines and heading towards Pine along the south bank for about 2 miles and back in just over 2 hours. All at 31ft that day too. Early afternoon on both days was the best. Can't believe some of the toads we pulled too - nice and fat . Caught most on the Chartreuse Stage 3 Fish with Gary dodger and it's matching lure. One of my best setups for sure.

Water temp started at 77 on Friday and was 81 by Sunday. Seemed to mark most where the water was around 100ft deep.

Good luck!!!
    Thanks, not having a down rigger, ill have to up the weight to 3oz to get that deep, can u post a pic of that dodger/lure combo? Thanks

Glad you had some luck. We fished the "pool" in front of Spring Shores from about 6 to 10:30 and other than 2 little dinks (released) didn't have any luck. Fished from 15 to 40 feet with riggers. Pretty much changed out everything in the box trying to find the right combo.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by armyducker View Post
    Wondering if anyone fished at Anderson this weekend? If so whats the word, I am trying to get up there later this week and get a few more fish for the freezer before the weekend zoo occurs.
    The wife and I took another couple on Tue. Launched at Curlew and fished from around 9:00 to 1:00. Ended up with 21 fish, all good sized. Got a couple at 30', the rest at 45 to 50. Pink worked well for us.

Thanks trailrob , guess there getting deeper, I assume u were using down riggers?

Glad you got yours! We had similar experience yesterday. LOL left the house at 4:00 to get there early. Finally picked up a few trout and a couple Kokanee up towards Arrowrock after 10:00. Should have slept in.

Nailed s um big Kokes long lining at the point towards Macks creek on Monday. At 0730. Got sum more on DR at 25 on pink squids /slingblades
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    I have some new ideas for lures this year, Going to add some UV beads and Fiber Optics!! Very excitited to try them out this year.....
    \

I like to create my own lures, These were so awesome looking but alas the Kokes did not like them. However I have a new one this year that is a winner!!!! I thought my last years lure was the bomb but I think I have out done it.

Yea, we ran four downriggers with four rods.

Hey guys were do you camp at Anderson. I know about curlew but I know it has limited space. We are going up the weekend of the 18th but I might send my wife up Thursday to grab a spot.

Hit LP today took Sawtooth's advice and got there early, So I launched at 7:30 sun was just getting high enough for bling. Took me 2 hours to locate a school that would play but once I did it was on like Donkey Kong!! I was off the water by 11:30 with a nice limit.

Wakers were hitting the lake in full force starting about 10:00 even on Thursday.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psp8tltr1n.jpg

Glad to hear you found a few active fish JTM. Those fish pushing the 18" mark are real nice for LP. I am hoping to get out again next Tuesday. Happy 4th of July fellas, and enjoy the holiday.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

I've only camped at Curlew, during the week. I know there are more camping spots further up the lake, and on the other side, but I've never used them.

Hit LP last night to see in the Kok's would bite. Fished for about 3 hours and brought 14 big ol fatties home. Set the riggers at 30 feet when the shadows hit the water, with sling blades and pink.
    8 others came un-pinned either at the boat or shortly after hitting.
    Not sure what happened to LP, but the evening bite has been very good this year.
    06 Lowe 185. 150 HO Etec

Fished from 7:30 - 2. Came home with 2 limits and just as many hookup and losses. Are best fishing was 10 to 2 with very acrobatic fish hence the losses. Might go back in the morning.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Fished 7:30 to 11:00 AM one limit. The dodger and hoochie landed only one fish, while copper and chrome flasher with orange kokabow landed 5 today. Water is about 70 degrees in the AM. landed most fish out 3 colors on the lead line (approx. 15 feet deep). looked like the other boats were more active than last Saturday things seem to be picking up.
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Went out again this morning 7-10 landed 2 limits and lost a limit. 20 to 30 FOW on DR'S with dodger and hoochie was are ticket. We had the lead core out 4 colors with troll lights and spinner for a while but it was totally ignored. We ended up just bringing it in as it was just getting in the way.
    Last edited by JKToons; 07-05-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Just got new boat rigged up... Still buying kokanee gear... Question? How much longer do I have this year to fish for kokes? Top 3 setup's? Looks like Dodgers are better then pop gear. What's best corn to buy? Thanks in advance... Koke Noob

If you buy a Shasta Sling Blade dodger in UV pink and a Shasta UV pink Pee Wee hoochie, tied 8" back, with Green Giant shoepeg corn, that's all you'll need. I have spent years doctoring up my corn, but am not convinced it works any better than "naked" corn. Troll this gear at about 1.5-1.7, and you're set!! I have tons of koke gear, but this is my go to gear. It always seems to produce. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Tetep View Post
    Just got new boat rigged up... Still buying kokanee gear... Question? How much longer do I have this year to fish for kokes? Top 3 setup's? Looks like Dodgers are better then pop gear. What's best corn to buy? Thanks in advance... Koke Noob
    Tetep , I was up there Friday and caught 16, all 15" +, nice fish, I caught a lot on pop gear, several on a Ford fender and a couple on a sling blade, pulled hoochies and tipped with corn or gulp maggots, both were doing well, was pretty steady from 8-12, with a bite or fish every 15 mins. I don't have down riggers, was using trolling weights and a line counter, started with a 3 oz weight, and 100' of line out. Went to a 4 oz weight after 12, only caught 2 fish between 12-2, left at 2. Good luck up there. Anybody do any good this weekend???
    Last edited by armyducker; 07-05-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Caught a few today, 30-40 feet down on the downrigger. Like JKToons said, dodger and hoochie, I used a chacha pink and purple + shasta uv dodger.

Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast