Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    I have given my set up before but will be glad to share again - my buddy and I almost always bring home 2 limits ( go once a week ) a few times only 6 or 7 and in July lots of 16-18 inchers - went last week and caught 12 from 12-15 inches - lost a bunch - here is what I do every trip with the exception of the spinner - we long line with a 1 oz. weight on a slide swivel, silver or silver flectolite ford fender, rubber snubber, 12-14 in. leader to a orange treble hook wedding ring or sometimes pink hootchie - garlic shoepeg corn - troll 1.5 mph - try to cut power or stop so as not to let them drag to much when ya get one on - put out 100 ft which will put you down 12-15 ft - bite is ALLWAYS 10-2 when we switch around gear we always go back to this set up - good luck and we will see ya next year - got other game to chase -

Im in the new G3 grey with blue trim
    Yeah I think I'll give that a go, I haven't had much luck with the long lines, however I started late in the season.

Went today, tried downrigger at 25-35' not a bite

Not really marking any fish, couple small schools, saw fish jumping all over the place though. They just aren't smart enough to bite my hook!

I arrived at 2:30 launched my boat without the plug and filled it w/ water , trailered it and drained it re launched it just as Physion was coming in. Thanks Physion for the great info -location ,color and depth. Once I got the motors to run (yes it was one of those days!) started fishing at 3:30 one longline at 100'+ back of boat no weight silver and gold dodger and silver blade w.r. The other rod at 7' on the d.r. at 90' back with a silver and pink sling blade with a pink kokabow I found in the rocks earlier this year. Both were baited with white corn with anise and garlic sent. I run double red gamakatsu hooks. Both rods caught fish equally. Boated my limit of 13"-15" fat kokes by 6:10.Lost a couple and released a trout. Great day thanks to Physion!

Last Friday we caught 8 kok on the long line pole, other 2 on DR at 20'. Our set up was 1.5 oz sinker + Ford Fender 1/2 & 1/2 (silver/brass) 18" leader + kokabow kestrel or talon, 50' to 60' line out. I don't know how deep this set up goes. We often trolling with 4 poles if no wind, 2 long line and 2 on DR. Before we often used color leaded line but later we switch to mono. with the line counter, this is better way to fish without the down rigger.
    I'll try G3 longliner setup.
    For trolling speed on my fishfinder if it read 1.2MPH it's seem my boat goes little too fast. I calibrate the high speed of fish finder with the GPS reading, the trolling speed I often run was below that so the fishfinder alway read at 0MPH (Either the sending unit didn't rotate or it couldn't read slow rotation). Are you use the GPS for trolling speed or you have the wheel sending unit on bottom of your boat?
    I often look the water bubles or some thing float close to DR line and count one thousand 1, if that buble moves away from the DR line about 12" to 14" then I'll be happy with that speed (.7 MPH?)
    I spent 4 hrs today to trouble shoot the turn signal on my 89 Ford PU. That's was pain in the rear to take off the steering wheel to check for turn signal switch. It's still intermittent electrical issue but now I think the ignition switch is cause the problem.
    I'll be out tomorrow.

We start fishing at 8:40Am and quit at 4:00PM. Boated 11 kok of 11" - 14". no trout. Thank bayhorse, Physion & g3 longliner for the in lures and depth info. It was windy and cold in the morning and fish was slow, we caught 2 before noon and lost a few. They really bite from 2:00PM until 3:30PM. 2 long lines poles with no weight and 90' line out. The other 2 poles with 1.5oz + flasher + orange kokabow with 52' line out.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 09-20-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Any spots you guys recommend currently?

Got some new lures I'd like to try out.
    Last edited by DeltaDude; 09-20-2015 at 02:52 AM.

I was lucky boated 9 kok at Goose Neck Bay area. Other 2 at Charcoal Creek.

Hey everyone, I am new to the area (military assignment) and brought my boat with me all the way from Florida. I have been out on the lake a few times just to zip around but havent really dabbled in fishing yet. I finally got my license and I went to Cabelas/Sportsmans Warehouse etc to get my rigs together. I dont like the way outriggers would look on my boat so I got some in line planers/downers to keep the rigs 20-30 ft. The lake is so low right now I can only use one ramp over by the marina right now to launch...anyone have any tips as to where I should head to start doing some trolling and possibly catch my first Kokanee/trout...Im used to fishing the ocean on the east coast for the big boys! Also heres a picture of my boat in case someone sees me around struggling!!!!

I need a little help.
    I was up there about a month and a half ago trolling with my kid when we noticed some friends of ours over on a beach.
    So we started bringing in our gear to go over and say hi... my kid was bringing in the back Downriggers and poles and I was working on the front as two wake boats went by me one on each side going opposite directions about 30 feet away. The wakes were huge and hit my boat at the same time, which rocked my pontoon boat so violently that we both almost flew off. We were able to hold on to the side rails and and somehow were able to stay on the boat and not get injured... It was by far the most dangerous experience I have had on the boat in the last 9 years. As the waves came together, they were so big they caused my downrigger ball to whip around hard enough to jar my only electric downrigger out of the base and off my boat, along with a fishing pole loaded with kokanee gear and one of the only two "new" reals I've bought for myself in the last 15 years.
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.... Hot summer day on a weekend.... I was going to cj and made a last minute decision to stay closer to home...
    With the water so low, I'm trying to time it right to get back up there and see if I can find what I lost.
    If someone comes across my gear, it would sure restore some of my faith in humanity if you let me know.
    Last edited by spoons; 09-23-2015 at 11:53 PM. Reason: add a couple words

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    I need a little help.
    I was up there about a month and a half ago trolling with my kid when we noticed some friends of ours over on a beach.
    So we started bringing in our gear to go over and say hi... my kid was bringing in the back Downriggers and poles and I was working on the front as two wake boats went by me one on each side going opposite directions about 30 feet away. The wakes were huge and hit my boat at the same time, which rocked my pontoon boat so violently that we both almost flew off. We were able to hold on to the side rails and and somehow were able to stay on the boat and not get injured... It was by far the most dangerous experience I have had on the boat in the last 9 years. As the waves came together, they were so big they caused my downrigger ball to whip around hard enough to jar my only electric downrigger out of the base and off my boat, along with a fishing pole loaded with kokanee gear and one of the only two "new" reals I've bought for myself in the last 15 years.
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.... Hot summer day on a weekend.... I was going to cj and made a last minute decision to stay closer to home...
    With the water so low, I'm trying to time it right to get back up there and see if I can find what I lost.
    If someone comes across my gear, it would sure restore some of my faith in humanity if you let me know.
    Maybe it's too late, but I would make sure you turn the morons in to the Sheriffs department. They are responsible for their wake and it's illegal for them to run that close to your boat causing a huge wake. Man.....if that happened to me I'm not sure what the voices in my head would be telling me to do. I hate to hear stories like this. Total disrespect for others by a bunch of self entitled arsewholes. What is wrong with people? Hopefully someone will read your post, find your gear and return it. You didn't really say where you lost the gear. Can you provide a more specific location?
    Last edited by MackayGuy; 09-24-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Where about on the reservoir were you? I'll be out Sunday and keep an eye open for your equipment.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Anyone been out on Anderson recently? Lucky Peak is very low, was considering trying Anderson this weekend.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

I'm going to give Dent a try this weekend. If anyone is around, give me a holler. We'll be in Dent Campground. See if we can catch some kokes twixt there and the bridge. Been a while since I last tried. Fires kind of made it a stay away zone.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

My neighbor got out on the lake this week up near Granddad . The koks were bright red already and heading up streams. Seams a bit early but there they are.

We caught a dozen this afternoon across from Dent boat ramp. Fish were same 8-10 inchers but firm and nice condition.

See y'all Monday! I'll be in the tan flat bottom. Good luck!

One side out of concrete

Turner Gulch boat ramp as of 6:00PM today Oct./03/2015. It's down 108'.

fished 10/3/15, mostly fished the island and also some near charcoal creek, i felt like we had a few kokanee on but never got em to the boat, and could not keep the rainbows off the gear long enough to give the kokanee a chance, didn't matter what locations/gear/depths we tried the rainbows harassed us all day, all depths from 0-30', dodgers and hoochies, downriggers and long lines with no weight

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2794.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	363.1 KB 
ID:	8290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2795.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	8291
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Good fishing Rick, maybe those are next years fish, if so they will be quite a bit bigger next year. The last time we were out we fished Canyon Creek, caught 20 in about three hours, they were all around 9", also caught several very small shakers. Sure a great place to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by CrewDawg View Post
    See y'all Monday! I'll be in the tan flat bottom. Good luck!
    Nice to meet you CrewDawg. You bagged your Kok limit earlier eh?
    We boated 10 kok average size from 11" ~ 13", 4 Kok on the longline poles 1.5oz sinker and 40' line out, the rest on DR 7' ~ 15'.

Fished in the evening for a few hrs on 10/10, boated a 13" Kokanee and a small rainbow and one pretty nice trout, I'm sure it wasn't a cutthroat but looked a lot like a cutt
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Did anyone fishing at LP lately? How did you do?
    I went solo yesterday and boated 1 kok. 14". 5.5hrs for 1 fish. It was slow! Time for winterize my boat.
    The water temp was 59 deg. and water skiers enjoyed their good day ski with sunshine at 65 deg.

I waited about 20 min. to load my boat at the ramp. Couple police cars, diving team vehicle, tow truck were there. They loaded a car to towing truck. The car with license plate missing, front lights, inside door panels stripped. I thought some people just dump the car in the reservoir.

Yeah I was there yesterday, ended up catching a nice kokanee on a J-9 Rapala when I was trout fishing.

The sheriffs were doing a diving exercise, they submerged the car on purpose and were training divers how to take it out. Was a bit weird to launch the boat

Talked to a couple guys, they said they caught their limit at the dam, they said dont bother using a downrigger.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
    Yeah I was there yesterday, ended up catching a nice kokanee on a J-9 Rapala when I was trout fishing.

The sheriffs were doing a diving exercise, they submerged the car on purpose and were training divers how to take it out. Was a bit weird to launch the boat

Talked to a couple guys, they said they caught their limit at the dam, they said dont bother using a downrigger.
    Thank DeltaDude,
    Dang! They really pick a good time for their training, there were 2 fishing boats waiting for the launching, 3 more waiting for loading including me :-)
    I was there about 11:00Am and I started fishing from Goose Neck Bay toward the dam...There were 4 boats in the dam area at that time.
    I was on the blue top river boat. The fish I caught was at 14' deep with DR.

You will always see me out in the red alumacraft 145cs!

I had asked how often they pull cars out of the water, or at least boat ramps. They said they do it quite frequently ^^

It was interesting to launch the boat though, there was only 1 lane open, and about 25 ft back they had divers there 'with a car in the water', so I launched and had to drive along the shore in about 2ft of water for a bit to get around couldn't go straight back.

I'll be out there tomorrow, if you see me flag me down even if I am trolling. Feel free to ask if I caught anything or marked any fish etc.

Picked up a limit plus one little one today. I was fishing near the dam. Most of the other boats were going somewhere up reservoir. I'm curious where they are fishing and how they are doing.

Physion

Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast