Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Went to LP today and fish from 9:30AM til 2:40PM. Take into the boat 7 kok ~13" 1 rainow trout 15". 3 kok were on long line with 1.1/2 oz banana sinker - ford fender - wedding ring, 90' line out. DR from 20' to 35'. Talk to other fishermen they caught 4kok and 1 nice rainbow, other couple caught 5 kok in 4 hours. They quit bite about 1:30PM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_Charcoal_8372.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	342.3 KB 
ID:	8234  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-16-2015 at 11:53 AM. Reason: add attachment link

I got skunked. Where did u find fish

Charcoal Creek Area. Where were you fish at?
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-16-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Macks creek

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Macks creek
    This is 2nd years that I fish for Kok in LP. I haven't fish pass the Spring shore, next year I'll explore more in other places.
    I went to LP yesterday for testing my new Garmin 201DV with the speed sensor. A big surprised how fast they drain the reservoir sine I was there on 8/15. Turner Gulch boat docks only last section float. The menu of the fish finder is easy to set up but I couldn't calibrate the speed sensor, (Car' GPS left at home) so I just guess the top speed then entered, the problem was at trolling speed it didn't read well.

First I fish at Goose Neck Bay, had a few good bite at 25' but couldn't hand on to the fish. Long line pole had nothing. Later landed 1 Kok about 14" and got few more at 30' but they were very small fish(6-7").

I saw other fisherman walked in the rock bank hunting for Kok lures :) He had found some good set, I almost lost a 8lbs sinker there once... Later I saw one set on laid on the rock by the shallow buoy. This set was 1.1/2 oz sinker, 5 blades Jensen half and half, pink rubber snubber and short leader single hook with silver blade.

There were 2 boats fish in that area and in afternoon there was an other boat with fishing gears. Talk to other fisherman, he caught 1. Fish is slow but it was a good day alone on the boat.:)
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-28-2015 at 08:23 PM.

I did well yesterday. Try fishing shallower. I know it's unusual this late in the summer, but I found more fish willing to play in the 15-20 foot depth. The deeper ones didn't seem to be as interested.

Physion

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    I did well yesterday. Try fishing shallower. I know it's unusual this late in the summer, but I found more fish willing to play in the 15-20 foot depth. The deeper ones didn't seem to be as interested.

Physion
    Were you on the boat with red trim? I was on the river boat with blue trim.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-28-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Caught a couple good sized kokes and a really GORGEOUS rainbow that had a bit of gold / bronze coloring on the top. 'yes it was a rainbow :P'

Macks creek, 15ft down using pink wiggle hoochie, tried spoons, wedding rings, other color hoochies, nothing but pink.

I mostly long line in an open 14 foot Gregor with a 20 hp Honda. I've just had the boat for a year. It's been a fish catcher for me after I put on a trolling plate and modified the plate with a half down notch.

Physion

I mostly long line in an open 14 foot Gregor with a 20 hp Honda. I've just had the boat for a year. It's been a fish catcher for me after I put on a trolling plate and modified the plate with a half down notch.

Physion
    That's nice boat set up for fishing. I had a 14' aluminum welded Westcoaster and 25HP Evinrude back in '80, that was a nice fishing rig, it was light on the road and fast on the water, I didn't have trolling plate back then but didn't have any problem with trolling speed. 4 strokes Honda motor is much quieter and use less gas. I got a '91 Custom Weld river boat this year and that is really heavy boat. Boat and trailer weight is 4250lbs...

Fishing is good today. We got our Kok. limit in 5 hrs, no trout. Dodger and pink hoochies from 15 to 25'. My wife is really a fisher-woman, without her I might go home with 1 Kok just like last Thurs.

Launch and load your boat at Tuner Gulch was awful, there was a long line of truck + trailer waiting on both lines. Today they add 1 more float divider between the load and launch . Woa!!! Thinking of the Labor day is coming up.

Went to LP and fish from 9:30Am til 3:15PM we got 2 Kok limit and 1 rainbow. Fishing was good but it was windy. We lost about 30 min. to un-tangle fishing lines...
    Long line poles with same set up on Monday got 4 kok + 1 trout. The rest of them on the DR from 15 to 25' deep with dodger and pink hoochies.
    There weren't many boat fishing today.
    Two long boat docks at Turner Gulch lay on the ground, they put in 1 temporary move-able floating dock for boat launch and load. Barclay boat dock already blocked off.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 09-03-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Went out to Lp on the 1st and 2nd. Limited out both days on kokes and caught my first chinook as well! found the fish in between Pipeline gultch and charcoal creak! Using kokabow trolling blades and spinners at 25-35 feet.

Nice! Thanks for the report.

Went out today got 12 plus 1 rainbow 11-2pm bite was on .

Where did you find the fish?

we fished from Spring shores up to pinch and on around the corner across from the pipe that feeds water to nursery.
    Hooked 1 koke about 11 inches. found very few schools. some were at 30-45 others 15-25 and then the 3-5 foot ones. fished from 630am to 10 am or so.

Default KOKS Caught

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon8r View Post
    we fished from Spring shores up to pinch and on around the corner across from the pipe that feeds water to nursery.
    Hooked 1 koke about 11 inches. found very few schools. some were at 30-45 others 15-25 and then the 3-5 foot ones. fished from 630am to 10 am or so.
    the 12 Koks and 1 rainbow where caught south of the nursery on east side and middle - longlining - 1 oz weight, silver ford fenders, and orange- treble hook wedding ring with garlic corn - all 12-14 inches - lost around 10 koks - 14 inchers where pretty thick

Going out tomorrow. putting in at spring shores.

Quote Originally Posted by kokablew234 View Post
    Going out tomorrow. putting in at spring shores.
    Do they still charging 5 bucks to launch your boat? I might going out on Wed. Good luck fishing.

Just a quick question for the gallery. Is it legal to fish for Kokanee with treble hooks? Maybe that's why I have a heck of a time keeping them on the hook. I have been using singles.....

i use 2 single hooks. I bait the hook closest to lure. and let the back hook slap them in the face :) and yes you can use treble hooks.

Make sure your hooks are sharp. Use the thumb nail test. The hook should be sharp enough to catch on the top of your thumb nail. I carry a file and a diamond hook sharpener to touch up my hooks if they are dull. You will probably still lose a few. Kokanee have soft mouths. I'm convinced kokanee sometimes just butt or slap at the lure rather than take it in their mouths. I very occasionally land a fish that is hooked in the head, but not in the mouth. Note that a fish must be caught in the mouth or jaw to be legal to keep.

I was lucky and boated a limit yesterday between Spring Shores and Birch Creek. One was 18+ inches.

Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 09-15-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added info

I was lucky and boated a limit yesterday between Spring Shores and Birch Creek. One was 18+ inches.

Physion
    We were there on Wed. from 4:00PM til 6:30PM. Fishing was slow, just had couple hit. By the time we reeled in to quit, my wife caught a Kok. about 6" long.

Last Friday we boated 10 kok (average size from 11" to 14") then the trolling motor did pump fuel from the main tank so we quited.
    I might go again on Sat. morning
    Last edited by fish4kok; 09-18-2015 at 11:14 AM.

I constantly hear people talking about boating limits, the most I have caught at lucky peak in a day was 2 or 3 kokanee.

I troll generally at 1.2mph sometimes slower, mixing it up.

Any Tips?

Edit:

Went down to Kokanee Tackle off of Fairview, got some really good advice, bought some new gear, great place to check out.

Thanks Chris!
    Last edited by DeltaDude; 09-18-2015 at 04:40 PM.

I have given my set up before but will be glad to share again - my buddy and I almost always bring home 2 limits ( go once a week ) a few times only 6 or 7 and in July lots of 16-18 inchers - went last week and caught 12 from 12-15 inches - lost a bunch - here is what I do every trip with the exception of the spinner - we long line with a 1 oz. weight on a slide swivel, silver or silver flectolite ford fender, rubber snubber, 12-14 in. leader to a orange treble hook wedding ring or sometimes pink hootchie - garlic shoepeg corn - troll 1.5 mph - try to cut power or stop so as not to let them drag to much when ya get one on - put out 100 ft which will put you down 12-15 ft - bite is ALLWAYS 10-2 when we switch around gear we always go back to this set up - good luck and we will see ya next year - got other game to chase -

Im in the new G3 grey with blue trim

Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast