Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

fished 5pm-7pm on 5/22, started at the marina and trolled downstream until we got a school to cooperate, had a dozen or so bites and got 4 good fish to the back of the boat and a few lil ones and all got released, they looked to be around 14-15" fish, nothing caught deeper than 10', most of the bites came during quick acceleration and i did my usual accel. / decel. between 1 and 2mph on the gps, dodgers and hoochies and forgot my corn at home but had some berkley gulp maggots on board and they did the trick

lots of folks are fishing below 10' right now but i had 0 bites below 10', once i brought all the gear up to the surface we started nailing them, good luck everyone
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

will be out there tomorrow. Look for us in a blue jet boat

Cabela's Guy says the fishing has been awesome> 50 fish in a day? not sure on size

Hit the resevoir from 7-12 is today. Fished around the dam. We landed 7 kokes and 1, trout. Missed 4-5 more. All were about 14 inches, but good and fat.
    Last edited by livingidoutdoors; 05-26-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Default Great day fishing, terrible day catching!

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    Heading for Dent Friday for day trip. Have 4 rigs set up with different weights. I only have a 12' aluminum w/8 horse, so I don't use downriggers. Might as well give it try. I will post any results.
    Got skunked Friday for the first time ever at Dent. Not many boats out. Last day catching springers on Clearwater is probably why.

We fished Monday from 7:30-12:30, all long-lining shallow (not deeper than 20'), kept 3 bows, 3 kokes, the kokes were all 16+". Caught two more bows but put them back in as they were tiny. Lost four on the fight to the boat.

Spent all weekend chasing those buggers, pretty slow. Caught a few kokes and a few rainbows in Dicks creek, all were very small.

Sounds like we may have an off-year. ?????? I plan to talk with the Fish and Game Department to see if they can give us any insight.

Fished Tuesday from about 9:00 to 1:00, put in at Spring Shores and went down stream about 1 mile, north side of the reservoir. Took 4 kokanee and 2 trout, lost a few others. They were all shallow about 10 feet, green net wing arrow flasher, green hoochie, with kokanee killer corn was the recipe. Really nice morning on the lake.

Great day . Many big Kokes on slingblade/ pink hoochie/Firecorn long lining. Only landed 1 . 17"
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by stev7975 View Post
    We're planning to head down friday and stay through the weekend. Either freeman ck or dent. I have not heard much from down there at all. Talked to a friend who nornally fishes it regularly and he has been chasing springers instead (which is probably smart). He fished elk ck a couple times and caught a few but not many. Haven't talked to anyone who has fished it within the last three weeks though.
    Went myself on Sunday such a nice day, must have gotten lucky we caught 50 down low by the dam nothing up high at all caught 1 nice rainbow 24 inches

Quote Originally Posted by jumperzee View Post
    Boy, things are not looking good. Not sure what to do. We fished Friday and got skunked (again). Put in at Big Eddy, went up to Dicks (nothing), zipped up above Magnus for a few stops and then back to Canyon and Indian. Nothing, nothing, and nothing. Fishfinder was bleak. Looking for help!

Upshot is that it was a gorgeous day and we got to see some new scenery. Drove all the way up Evans Creek till we couldn't any more. Neat to see a large creek flowing into the reservoir like that.
    Been up twice this week fished no more than 4 hrs. got limit of 25 and 50 I found the answer people are fishing too deep go 3 oz. and back reel 14 times you will nail them

Anyone using a hand held GPS on their boat they like/recommend?

I'm not looking for something that offers highly detailed water depth/structure, just want to be able to mark way point when locate school of fishing trolling to get back on them, and maybe use on cascade for ice fishing so I can return to spots that produced fish on past trips.

Thanks,
    John

Garmin Etrex 20 referb'd or Etrex Vista and you can add Garmin Inland Lakes software if you want at any time.

I use my cellphone or tablet, there are some topo map apps that you can install and download files for where you are going, save to to device and use offline.
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner16 View Post
    I use my cellphone or tablet, there are some topo map apps that you can install and download files for where you are going, save to to device and use offline.
    Unfortunately, I have ATT and it does not work at LP where a GPS works wherever there is open sky (like a lake:))

The GPS on your phone should work regardless of service or not. I have verizon and have no service there, but the GPS works fine. You just need to upload the maps BEFORE you go.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by conservationist View Post
    The GPS on your phone should work regardless of service or not. I have verizon and have no service there, but the GPS works fine. You just need to upload the maps BEFORE you go.
    True, I was thinking of my old iPhone. Without A-GPS, WiFi or cell towers it could not place me in the right city.

In reality, I have used GPS units since the early days and as an Orienteering enthusiast with both map and compass and map-quality GPS verification units I am probably a little Jaded.

Not sure how many use this service but it helps me.

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@10&key=cxyhGdaacU

Glad someone has figured it out. We fished three days at Grandad last weekend and never caught one over 8 inches long. IDFG bio was doing creel surveys at the ramp and said he has logged one 11" fish this year but all the others were 6-8". Pretty sad. It would help if we put 50 a day in the cooler but still hard to justify the effort for sardines...

I'll probably get flamed for this but here goes, I have a GPS on my cellphone, I also have a Garmin Oregon 550t and a GPS on my fish finder. I love either my fish finder or hand held don't care for the cellphone GPS and the fish finder GPS is not very accurate for speed. I would never be without my hand held on my boat just saying. Any Garmin you will love just buy as much as you need.

I guess its what you like and are accustomed to/feel comfortable with. My son uses his iPhone 6 and would not use a car or handheld GPS at gunpoint. Me, I run my handheld along with the GPS on my Lowrance Elite and trust the handheld more. Phone, forgetaboutiit.....but that's just me....

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    I guess its what you like and are accustomed to/feel comfortable with. My son uses his iPhone 6 and would not use a car or handheld GPS at gunpoint. Me, I run my handheld along with the GPS on my Lowrance Elite and trust the handheld more. Phone, forgetaboutiit.....but that's just me....
    I trust my handheld more as well, I have never seen a Phone keep up with my handheld but am always open to learning. I also don't like having to load up the map before you go what? No thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by thebug View Post
    will be out there tomorrow. Look for us in a blue jet boat
    Did you do any good? I am going later today.

Hope the bite is on. We are heading up today. Look for me in a 1972 Green Tri-hull.
    Will post a report when we return Monday.

Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast