Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

has anyone been up in the last few days? Was thinking on heading up on sun. but fear the colder weather has started the formation of ice again. Would hate to drive and hour and a half to not fish
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Welcome to the forum cgtootall, will be looking forward to your reports. Since you posted on the Dworshak Thread I assume that you will be fishing there, there's a lot of fisherman on this thread that have fished Dworshak, and are willing share their methods for catching Kokanee.

hoping for some bigger fish this year,,,made it up just once early last summer and could only find a bite in dicks crk working a point,,,, tried a plastic slider with ball weight clipped on and ran it on the mainline and then tied mainline to barrel swivel with flasher and leader below,,,worked really well

headed up in the morning, hope the weather holds

Good luck! I would love to get a report from you.

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Good luck! I would love to get a report from you.
    Very slow day. Marked a few fish. Had 2 bites, and none in the boat. Fist time i have been skunked in a while. I threw everything i had at them, and nothing. Hopefully better on sunday. Im planning on taking my dad and a good friend that i have not seen in a while out.

We went back up yesterday. We went all over and tried everything with little luck. A few strikes and misses early. We finally found some fish around 2pm and by 3pm we figured what lure and scent they were taking. We left at around 6pm with 10 in the cooler. Let 4-5 small ones go, and lost many. We kept hooking into this big one that would take line and everything. Would loose him right before we could get a look at him. Picked that fish up 4 times in the exact same spot and never landed him :/

We found the school down by the dam. The point where that first creek arm comes in is where they were hanging in about a 75 ft circle. It got to the point that we were just going in a big circle to be able to keep picking them up.

Catching them on pink and yellow wedding rings with herring scented corn at 15 feet

I've hooked that same fish in Arrowrock. It's a peculiar species called a rockfish. It has a cousin in Deadwood called the stumpfish. I'm convinced that my fish locator has saved me enough in lures (as in not losing them) to pay for the locator.

Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 03-02-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    We went back up yesterday. We went all over and tried everything with little luck. A few strikes and misses early. We finally found some fish around 2pm and by 3pm we figured what lure and scent they were taking. We left at around 6pm with 10 in the cooler. Let 4-5 small ones go, and lost many. We kept hooking into this big one that would take line and everything. Would loose him right before we could get a look at him. Picked that fish up 4 times in the exact same spot and never landed him :/

We found the school down by the dam. The point where that first creek arm comes in is where they were hanging in about a 75 ft circle. It got to the point that we were just going in a big circle to be able to keep picking them up.

Catching them on pink and yellow wedding rings with herring scented corn at 15 feet
    what size fish are you hooking into?
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    what size fish are you hooking into?
    they were real good for this time of year. 12"-13" most of em. 2 were 14 1/2" and one 15 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    I have some new ideas for lures this year, Going to add some UV beads and Fiber Optics!! Very excitited to try them out this year.....
    I have them ready to go now can't wait to try them out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    I have them ready to go now can't wait to try them out!!!!!
    head up to arrowrock. I was there on sunday and we hammered them. didn't get real hot till after noon though

Is the road still like pulling your boat over the bottom of an egg carton?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM23 View Post
    Is the road still like pulling your boat over the bottom of an egg carton?
    its worse. I clocked it, took 21 min to get from the boat launch to the pavement. Literally going an average of 5-10 mph

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    they were real good for this time of year. 12"-13" most of em. 2 were 14 1/2" and one 15 1/2"
    nice, thats great
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Cruised by curlew on 3/1 it was still totally iced in by the ramp... by at least several hundred yards to the south.

Cruised by curlew on 3/1 it was still totally iced in by the ramp... by at least several hundred yards to the south.
    Thanks for sharing. Mike

how did the water level look? herd bad things lately about the dam launch because it was basically out of the water. A little fearful of trying to put in my 17 footer

Hello All...
    Today I made my first Kokanee run for the season at Arrowrock.....it was fabulous. I had outfitted my boat with a new trolling motor and really just wanted to give it a dry run. I installed a Minn Kota Riptide St last week and today was my first try with it. Finally.... a product that makes trolling a jet boat completely hands off. What a pleasure GPS guided navigation equipment is. I also tried out my new Cannon down rigger, my first down rigger ever. Ended up boating 5 Kokanee in about 4 hours. I probably should have been limited out earlier in the day....but I was kind of preoccupied with the new toys. The fish started out at about 15 feet and through out the afternoon they ended up hitting at around 40 feet. I marked several fish at 70-80 feet but wasn't able get them to take the bait.

On the way in I was starting to regret not stopping at Lucky Peak...because the road in to Arrowrock was just horrible. While I was out fishing I heard a road grader working on the road from the dam to the boat ramp. The trip out was WAY better than the trip in. The grader worked for several hours and did an amazing job on the ruts and pot holes. I hope they come back for a few finishing touches, but they did make quite an improvement.

Although I missed several strikes, I landed all five on a small dodger with a green hoochie (with red fire corn). Two of the fish were 15 inches, 2 were about 14 and a half, and the last was only about 11 inches. The smaller fish caught was the first one of the day....so I thought I had better keep it in case I didn't catch any more the rest of the day.

With the beautiful weather, calm winds and a reasonable amount of action, I am preparing to go back out again tomorrow (this time my wife wants to go). Hope to see some of you out on the lake

Pauli

Thanks for the report Pauli. What area of arrowrock were you fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Hello All...
    Today I made my first Kokanee run for the season at Arrowrock.....it was fabulous. I had outfitted my boat with a new trolling motor and really just wanted to give it a dry run. I installed a Minn Kota Riptide St last week and today was my first try with it. Finally.... a product that makes trolling a jet boat completely hands off. What a pleasure GPS guided navigation equipment is. I also tried out my new Cannon down rigger, my first down rigger ever. Ended up boating 5 Kokanee in about 4 hours. I probably should have been limited out earlier in the day....but I was kind of preoccupied with the new toys. The fish started out at about 15 feet and through out the afternoon they ended up hitting at around 40 feet. I marked several fish at 70-80 feet but wasn't able get them to take the bait.

On the way in I was starting to regret not stopping at Lucky Peak...because the road in to Arrowrock was just horrible. While I was out fishing I heard a road grader working on the road from the dam to the boat ramp. The trip out was WAY better than the trip in. The grader worked for several hours and did an amazing job on the ruts and pot holes. I hope they come back for a few finishing touches, but they did make quite an improvement.

Although I missed several strikes, I landed all five on a small dodger with a green hoochie (with red fire corn). Two of the fish were 15 inches, 2 were about 14 and a half, and the last was only about 11 inches. The smaller fish caught was the first one of the day....so I thought I had better keep it in case I didn't catch any more the rest of the day.

With the beautiful weather, calm winds and a reasonable amount of action, I am preparing to go back out again tomorrow (this time my wife wants to go). Hope to see some of you out on the lake

Pauli
    nice to hear about the road. I have been up 4 time this year and the road was horrible. We are heading up in a few hours and am looking forward to a smooth ride. Gonna hawl up the camper and stay the weekend. Get to try out the new fish finder. No more black and white fishy icons. I get color and DownVu action :) Mabe see ya'll up there. Im the red tracker, blue chevy, and pop up camper

Got skunked for the first time ever in this boat, and also my first time getting skunked at Arrowrock.

Fished from 3 until sunset. Only one bite.

Fished Arrowrock for the first time this year yesterday, from 11:00 to 4:00. My wife and I caught one small trout, and three koke's from 13 to 15". All caught on various flashers and nightcrawlers from 10' to 20' deep. Water was 42 degrees.

Good first post Trailbob. Welcome. Pictures Pictures Pictures

Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast