Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Went today from 7:30 ~ Noon. Slow. Wife caught 1 keeper 17" and 5 little one in Charcoal creek area at 25' deep. She used blue & silver Vance dodger and pink squid. I had only one bite on my pole that all. Heck! I can hear she sings for the whole day.:) Later I ran up close to Spring shore then the remote steering switch of the trolling motor broke down. Also the Hummingbird fish finder malfunction...I don't know the transducer or the fish finder fail. The screen display as normal but the depth was not correct. I knew few places that I fish was more 150' now it read as 52'. Time to do research and upgrade fish finder. I owned the Garmin fish finder model 160 before and it was good unit. Bad news is manufacturer discontinous that model.

On the way home, I bought a momentary DPDT switch at Bolen Control house and make a replacement. Switch with 20' cord is $76.00 from Remot-Troll. I spent 12 buck and about 2 hrs to make it works, it still needs a small box for electrical protecting. I'll buy one more switch and 15' cord and connect parallel to exiting one. In case one fail then use the other.
    LP will be crowd tomorrow.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-01-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Decided to go out today, 6:30 - 10. 2-14" Koke's, 3-pikeminnows and a Yellow Perch.....needless to say the Kokes came home with me, the pikeminnows fed the fishes and the 10" Perch is still swimming around out there so beware of the little corn thief!

Fished this morning with my Dad 8 to 11. We had a good morning with 2 limits with a mix of this years spawners and next years fish. This years spawners are starting to blush up and where 14"+- had 1 @ 16" the others where 10"+-. Caught fish on DR @ 40 FOW and lead core out 5 colors.
    Last edited by JKToons; 08-03-2015 at 09:27 AM.

from the reports im getting its about over sounds like the only ones being caught are the 9 " next year fish - guess I will go chase bass and crappie at Brownlee

Went out last night for a couple hours, not even a nibble. Had 2 dr going, and 1 long line. "Don't worry, I wasn't fishing with 3 poles I had people with me"

I did get to try out my new trolling motor tho! AMAZINGLY quiet. With 3 people in the boat got it going roughly 3mph, but it was calm water, should be good enough to push through wind tho. The GPS works really nice keeps you going in a straight line even when the 3-4' waves come smashing in. I ended up getting a Powerdrive V2 48" 55lb thrust I-Pilot decided I could save a few bucks going with that model rather than terrova.

DR at 20' and 1 at 40'

Longline 100'

Used green wiggle hoochie paired with a UV Green Slingblade,
    Pink spinner hoochie paired with a UV Red Slingblade
    Red/chart wedding ring with a watermelon dodger.
    All tipped with some fire corn.

Seemed pretty dead, but it is nice to see the water dropping, looks like it dropped a couple of feet.
    Last edited by DeltaDude; 08-04-2015 at 03:51 AM.

I fished last Saturday from 7am to 11am. Had and lost 3 in the first hour with two of them having some substance. None stayed on more than 1 minute.. Hooked one more later that I got right next to the boat and it got off as I was grabbing the net. All were between 25 and 30'.

We went to LP today. Fish from 9:40AM until 2:30PM caught 6 kok size ~13", lost couple when we reel them in. There's no wind so we fish with 4 poles. 2 long line with 1.5oz lead + Ford fender + kokabow kestrel 90' line out. I don't know how deep these line go to. We caught 4 kok on these poles. Caught 1 on dr @ 35' and the other dr at 47' with dodger and pink squid + white corn. We troll from Goose Neck Bay to Pipeline Gulch. Later we went up to Spring shore but look like they quit biting @ 2:00PM.
    My Hummingbird fish finder still doesn't measure depth right, all reading was from 32' thru 52" When I disconnect transducer connector on the back of the unit then it reads 0' so transducer may be bad. That's old unit. I"ll buy the Garmin echo 201DV for replacement.

Default Lucky Peak map

Does anyone know of a map that shows identifiable landmarks or names of creeks that enter into Lucky Peak and Arrowrock Res? I looked at a few on google maps and from BLM but they not very detailed. Just curious as to what certain areas are called. Like the narrows , irrigation pipe point, Kokanee Bay, etc.

GeoVal,
    Below is the link to Lucky Peaky Map.
    http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Portal...TearOffMap.pdf
    You can pick up a 11"x17" map in the office of the US Army corps of Engineers' office below the dam.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-06-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoVal View Post
    Does anyone know of a map that shows identifiable landmarks or names of creeks that enter into Lucky Peak and Arrowrock Res? I looked at a few on google maps and from BLM but they not very detailed. Just curious as to what certain areas are called. Like the narrows , irrigation pipe point, Kokanee Bay, etc.
    This will help: http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en...y=wsyhGtd%60cU

The narrows are obvious with this map as you head towards the AR Dam, I cant pinpoint the others though I know were they are.

Did anyone fishing in Anderson Ranch last week? How did you do?
    Still want to make a trip to Anderson for kokanee but if it too late for the season then Luck Peak is closer to home.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Did anyone fishing in Anderson Ranch last week? How did you do?
    Still want to make a trip to Anderson for kokanee but if it too late for the season then Luck Peak is closer to home.
    Thanks in advance.
    Anyone who ventured past the Mountain Home Country Music Festival to get to Andersen was either very brave, or utterly obsessed with kokes! I went to Lucky Peak instead (no luck, but it was a fun few hours getting in the way of a bazillion boarders and jet skis).

The Narrows? isn't that at CJ Strike? Irrigation pipe point? That might be a hard one considering the only pipe is for the nursery? The rest IMO are names people have given the coves bays and stretch of lake they wanted to.
    Not to many feeder creeks running year round into LP. I have a spot we call the pinch? anyone know where that is. How about the PAVED parking lot at AR? Fish tales told everywhere. Have fun and take a KID fishing.........
    Last edited by sturgeon8r; 08-07-2015 at 08:17 AM.

So when does the kokanee fishing at Andersen pick back up again?

We've been hitting the perch and crappies at Strike lately instead, but they're nowhere near as fun or tasty.

Went up earlier today, water is EXTREMELY low, caught 1 perch, and 2 pikeminnows...
    Had a rainbow that threw the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
    Went up earlier today, water is EXTREMELY low, caught 1 perch, and 2 pikeminnows...
    Had a rainbow that threw the hook.
    Are you sure you were at Anderson? The level has dropped, but not EXTREMELY low. Arrow rock maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Are you sure you were at Anderson? The level has dropped, but not EXTREMELY low. Arrow rock maybe?
    Yes arrow rock my bad... I clicked on the wrong thread, it was 3am at the time I posted it.

The fish are 90-100 ft deep. I used orange and green hoochies 14 fish

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    Did you fish all day?

Quote Originally Posted by armyducker View Post
    Did you fish all day?
    10 hours by the dam and fall creek area

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    By the time I receive the depth finder from Amazon then the kok's season is over. Thanks for a good post.

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to fishing for kokes. My family and I have had a blast this year fishing Anderson this year. I've learned a ton from your tips and techniques. I have a couple questions, I keep hearing about the end of the season. Does this mean that when they spawn the fishing for kokes is over, till the spring? What about next year spawners? Also I've been following this forum, and it seems the kokes have been growing 2" a year from 2012. Do they cycle on size, or will they keep growing if we keep harvesting?

Thanks for the info!
    Jason

fixed blade,
    As the spawn takes place in the fall, the mature kokanee appearance and meat quality changes. Most kokanee fisherman will take a break in the fall and come back in the spring. There are smaller, next years spawners in the lake but at 7 to 10 inches do not provide much meat and most fisherman prefer to let them get a bit bigger before pursuing them. Regarding your second questions, Kokanee size is dependent on many variables. Food supply and the lakes kokanee population being two of the main factors. Anderson Ranch has seen an increase in their kokanee size because of the recent introduction of Chinook salmon into the lake. Chinook feed on the young kokanee and have helped to reduce the kokanee population thus allowing the remaining kokanee more food to grow to a larger size. In theory the smaller the kokanee population for food available the larger the size. But obviously genetics and the fishes short life span will limit it's size potential.
    Last edited by sawtooth; 08-12-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Well that clears things up. Thank you for the reply. I think I may try one last time this Friday.

Went to A.R. yesterday, trolled from 5p.m to 7:30 p.m. not one hit. Trolled between Curlew, and Lime Dr. Saw lots of fish between 30 and 60 feet. Was a new boat and fish finder so keep that in mind. Had a wheel lose lugnuts and fall off on the way home. That sure sucked. Lol

Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast