Thread: What is the deepest you have got a Koke at FG?

Default What is the deepest you have got a Koke at FG?

we were at Flaming Gorge Sat fishing for Lakers and got a Kokanee at 97 feet down, we got him back in the water fast. it was big over 2 lbs, a 3 yr old. (no RED)

was using a 2" Needlefish
    Got a lot of laker pups put could not get any big ones. the biggest laker we got was 4lbs got him on a frozen minnow

Just curious, have you ever been successful catching any big ones using the small baits/lures? I would have never thought about targeting the big ones with 2" - 3" lures.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

the Needle fish for me only works for the Pups. up to 25" lakers, was using a 5.5 RMT dodger,
    when we changed all three downriggers to Needle fish and a dodger and down 97 feet catching was fast. sometime you could not see the bite.
    would never leave a line out longer than 10 min. I did not take my koke rods with me that would have been fun catching them with the koke rods.
    the bad thing about this trip was we lost two downrigger balls.
    we pulled up a lot of fishing line.

I think it was 2-3 years ago, we fished 93 feet and pulled a couple of real nice fish off of breeze hill and a couple by Wildhorse. I also think the water was just a bit lower than it was this year. Each season differs as we were much shallower last year.

We were catching kokes @ 88ft the first part of sept. With the lake level being so high this year,I think that kokes had to go deeper to find their comfort zone.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"