Thread: strawberry reports?

Default strawberry reports?

We're headed to Strawberry on Friday for a few days fishing, and I was wondering if anyone has any recent report to share? I've fished the SC side several times and done well for trout and kokes, but have never done the Strawberry side. I imaging the mature kokes are pretty much full into their spawning colors, but maybe there are enough next year fish for a meal. Do the trout follow the kokes at all looking for a possible meal of eggs?

I haven't been there or heard anything for a couple weeks. Give us a report when you get back. I'm sure the kokanee are in pre spawn mode (and color) and are moving into certain areas.

Fished the berry on Sunday. Mainly fished for Bows and did pretty well in the narrows.

Every once and a while we would mark large schools of fish hanging between 20'-40'. I was guessing that they we're kokes schooling up for the spawn? Whatever they we're, they weren't biting so we continued to fish for trout.

I never seem to hear good reports for kokes at strawberry after the first of august??

Interesting, I've never fished 'in the narrows', only what I would consider where the narrows enters SC or Strawberry. We will indeed primarily be focusing on trout, though last year at this time we ran into some very nice full red kokes in SC. It was fun bringing in a such full color fish.

I'm feeling like we probably should have put more effort into catching kokes last weekend. The rainbows we're fun to catch though.

When we fish the strawberry side we seem to catch a lot more cutts with very few kokes in between. SC has been the better koke spot for us.
    We're heading up sunday, let us know how it goes for you.

Not a lot to report. Catching was extremely slow, fishing and camping were great. We were out Saturday most of day from first light on fighting assorted winds ahead and behind of some small showers. Spent most of time on SC side as that is where we were marking more fish. Got maybe 10 bows and cuts under the slot. Sunday was sunny weather, but wind blew steady all day to the point of driving us off by noon when it got impossible to fish even the lee sides on the Berry. Did make for some entertainment docking and for those trying to load or unload. Drove to the Strawberry pinnacles and spent the afternoon exploring and fly fishing the Strawberry River. Great fun and we'll need to do that again. Monday morning was clear and calm, but fishing was even slower that the other days. Called it good at 11 and went to break camp and have lunch. Went to load up at and got in a loooong line of rigs waiting to load and unload. Wind had come up again and the entertainment at dock continued, including significant jacknife into dock with a big boat unloading. Unbelievable traffic of campers, trailers, toy rigs on way home, and one place they were still cleaning up place where the woman got killed on her motorcycle on Trappers Loop.

Went up Sunday as well… Very windy and crowded.
    We still caught a few bows and had a ton of fun! It also made us grateful for those days when we have the lake to ourselves.

Fished Jordanelle yesterday and caught some more bows… A bit breezy there too, but warm.

Stoked to get back to Strawberry this weekend.