Thread: Merwin, Yale, Swift for fishing and camping?

Default Merwin, Yale, Swift for fishing and camping?

I would like your opinions and advice on fishing and camping on these lakes. I have driven by there and have done geothermal work above swift and they look beautiful and the reports I have read here looks like there are some fat kokanee there. my closest kokanee lake is Greenpeter, and Merwin is 35 miles closer. from reading the regs. if I under stand right swift doesn't have kokanee? merwin has a 10 fish limit and yale is 16. I know the out state with a 2 pole endorsement will run me just under 100 bucks but a couple of trips in diesel fuel saved would pay for that. I am not looking for your secret spots ( but won't turn it down) just where there are camp sites with hookups and possibly moorage that you would recommend. thanx dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

I hope they jump in and help you, I would if I knew the answers, You are always helping people all the time , with solid answers.
    Kokapaw

Dragonfly,

Cresap Bay has a overnight campground and launch. Speelyai Bay is the other launch but no overnight camping. For the Merwin/Yale Slam I would launch at Cresap because your are already close to Saddle Dam and you can camp. Get your 10 footballs in Merwin and then your 6 snack fillets in Yale.

http://www.pacificorp.com/about/or/washington/cbp.html

http://www.pacificorp.com/about/or/washington/sd.html

No fuel docks, but Amboy has a place with E-free gas and diesel.

Chelatchie Praire General Store
    42411 NE Yale Bridge Rd, Amboy, WA 98601
    (360) 247-5529

Hope this helps.
    "The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."

thanx guys, Cowlitz the links are helpful. I have been getting plenty of snack fillets at greenpeter and am ready for some footballs dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    thanx guys, Cowlitz the links are helpful. I have been getting plenty of snack fillets at greenpeter and am ready for some footballs dfly
    One of these days I'm gonna try those Oregon reservoirs ;-)
    "The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."

Has everyone seen this???

ALERT: Speelyai Park Closure

September 2nd through December 31, 2014

PacifiCorp is closing Speelyai Park on the Merwin Reservoir beginning Sept 2. through December 31, 2014 so that contractors can replace the park's septic system, make improvements to the parking area, install additional ADA access, and generally improve the picnic area.

During the temporary closure, Merwin Reservoir boat launching is still available at Cresap Bay Park through the end of September. Day-use activities, including picnic facilities, are still open at both Cresap Bay and Merwin Park.

- ALERT -

Merwin Beach and the surrounding area will be closed beginning September 2 - 5th, 2014 and September 8 - 11th for maintenance activities.

I just don't understand the rational for closing both of the public boat access areas to our home kokanee waters! Yeah, I know it's spawning season and I understand that P'Corp (read Warren Buffett) owns the reservoirs on the Lewis river and they can do whatever they want, but still...

Seems like they could have thought about this a little more.
    The catchin' is only half the reason...