Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRATS Dates

Default BRATS Dates

We have plenty of time, I would like some input on dates of the gathering at Bear L this fall of what will work. Some have expressed their opinion and would like to see it in Oct that fishing should be better at that time. That month is the kick off of hunting seasons with exception of special hunts prior to.

I've had a change of heart, I think we should hold it in September or October. I don't hunt so it doesn't matter to me . I don't want to haul my boat up to the Bear in bad weather in November.
    Last edited by AFDan52; 08-17-2014 at 06:10 PM.

October ish would be best for me
    I just know stuff...

Ok guys , I am going to try to get things started here for the 2014 Bear Lake Brats Gathering. I have talked with a few attendees and the feel right now is to have the gathering around October 18, or 25. Both are Saturdays, I'm not sure how many of you are hunters so this is why I am getting this out Now. I need feedback as soon as possible and any comments . Also I'm thinking about having the Pot Luck meal on the east side near Cisco beach , just a thought. Lets get this going so we can have a plan in place and things ready to go. Hope to hear from you all soon.

I'm in Dan. Either date is good for me. Hoping feedback starts coming in. This is an open invitation to all that is interested in joining the fun.
    Last edited by Bduck; 08-23-2014 at 07:16 PM.

The 18th or 25th of October should work for me. That is late enough in October for me to attend sense I will be gone all of September. I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE SOMEBODY BRINGS A WIND SCREEN, for the dinning area. A bit of a challenge this Spring the wind was!

Looking forward to meeting up with you again Dallas.

Thumbs up Looking forward to the fun

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    Looking forward to meeting up with you again Dallas.
    Likewise Dan. We didn't meet last trip and I am hoping that everyones plans go as planned. The wind should not be an issue in the late fall unless a big front rolls though. Hope not! Question, is it possible to launch over on the Cycso Beach area in the fall with low water levels.
    Last edited by gonefishing; 08-24-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    Question, is it possible to launch over on the Cycso Beach area in the fall with low water levels.
    There are paved launch ramps but most courtesy docks are removed. There is usually one the state leaves in. Shouldn't be a problem launching at all from what I saw last week. I hope the big "W" doesn't come again like last time. That was a rough ride.

Ok, so I know we are shooting for the weekend of 10/18/14 for the Brats gathering with a backup date of 10/25/14. So I am staying in my condo for both weekends at Bear Lake just to cover what ever time I need up there. I'm planning to do a lot of fishing in September and October.
    Last edited by AFDan52; 09-12-2014 at 03:10 PM.

I'm out on the road right now staying in Meridian, Miss for the night continuing east across the south. I hope my gear & boat don't get to much dust collection while I'm gone. Definitely looking fwd to getting back on a lake.

Ok, so how does everyone feel about launching on the East side? I'm just wanting things to go smoothly, I'm alright with launching from either side . I was just thinking that we are already going to be over there , any thoughts?

I usually fish along Cisco. It would be a good place to hold the gathering. I'm in wherever it's doable.

I have to launch from the Marina on the south side at the Utah state park becuse I will be launching with my motorhome. I plan to show up Wed evening and fish Thurs through Sat.

The East Side launch stuff was just an idea, no problems with keeping things at the main marina on the West side. Lets keep things the way they are. I'm going to be up there about Midweek.

The East Side launch stuff was just an idea, no problems with keeping things at the main marina on the West side. Lets keep things the way they are. I'm going to be up there about Midweek.
    I might have to stow away into your boat for a day prior to the gathering.

Hi Guys , ok, as of Tomorrow we are 2 weeks out for our Brats gathering at Bear Lake on October 18th Weather permitting. If things don't work out for that day we can use the following Saturday as the backup. I'm thinking there may be about 12-15 folks , So with this in mind I am posting a list of things we are going to need for our Potluck lunch.

Roger -is in for the grill, Charcoal, and Brats.
    gonefishing - Chips , Napkins.
    Smokepoles - Buns , Sauerkraut
    AFDan52 - Michigan sauce , paper plates , Plastic silverware , chopped onions.
    Bearlakefishguy - Condiments , some kind of desert.

Here is what is still needed --- Buns , Chips , Condiments( Ketchup , Mustard , Relish ) Chopped Onions , Paper plates , Napkins , Plastic silverware some kind of side dishes or desert.

I hope to hear from you soon so that I know we have things covered , looking forward to having another great time on Bear Lake this fall. By the way there is no set time to meet and launch , so when you get there most of us will probably be on the east side. I'll post up a radio channel soon. PS , We are going to use Radio channel 69 while we on the water.
    Last edited by AFDan52; 10-07-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Hi Guys , ok, as of Tomorrow we are 2 weeks out for our Brats gathering at Bear Lake on October 18th Weather permitting. If things don't work out for that day we can use the following Saturday as the backup. I'm thinking there may be about 12-15 folks , So with this in mind I am posting a list of things we are going to need for our Potluck lunch.

Roger -is in for the grill, Charcoal, and Brats.

Here is what is still needed --- Buns , Chips , Condiments( Ketchup , Mustard , Relish ) Chopped Onions , Paper plates , Napkins , Plastic silverware some kind of side dishes or desert.

I hope to hear from you soon so that I know we have things covered , looking forward to having another great time on Bear Lake this fall. By the way there is no set time to meet and launch , so when you get there most of us will probably be on the east side. I'll post up a radio channel soon.
    Well, seeing as I now have a ride (thanks, Roger), I'll sign up for buns and sauerkraut, and I'll keep an eye on things that we may still need after all sign up.

I should be there. Talked to Dan and will be bringing some condiments and a dessert.

Ok, so looks like we have the Grocery list covered, Forgot to mention to bring your own drinks . But most of us usually do anyway. If anyone else wants to bring something to share feel free . Hoping we have some fantasic fishing weather. Once again , we are using radio channel 69.
    Last edited by AFDan52; 10-07-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Thumbs up

Just in case anyone else shows up early, I will be on the water Thursday and Friday, maybe Wed evening. CH 69 as usual.

I WILL HAVE ROOM FOR ONE ON MY BOAT ON SATURDAY. Last trip i caught fish. PM me if you are interested!
    Last edited by gonefishing; 10-08-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Change to message

Right at the moment the schedule says I have that weekend free. Will I need an Idaho reciprocal stamp to fish and if so where can I get one.

Quote Originally Posted by jekern1015 View Post
    Right at the moment the schedule says I have that weekend free. Will I need an Idaho reciprocal stamp to fish and if so where can I get one.
    Unlike Flaming Gorge, all that's required to fish Bear L is a valid Utah license. Reciprocal stamp not issued in either state. However, if you do fish the Idaho side, an AIS decal is required for your water vessel. Most of us that fish the Bear stay on the Utah side and not have Idaho AIS decals. We can get you into the fishing holes in Utah. Hope to see you there.

So far long range weather forecast is looking good. Lows will be upper 30's at night warming to 50's in daytime. Winds indicate light but we'll keep our fingers crossed.

I've seen the same thing , hoping that we can have a great outing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast