Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BRATS Dates

As the world turns so does my hours at work. I will no longer be joining in on the fun due to the revolving schedule I currently hold. Hope everyone has a safe and fun trip.

I have a partner in my boat so that seat is filled. I am not making it until Saturday morning as events changed my schedule this week, but I will be on the water early on Saturday. Safe travels and good fishing to everyone.

I'm picking up my partner as I travel thru Logan. Be safe .

It's going to be a great weather day tomorrow, so the fishing should be fun. 38 at sunrise, 62 afternoon, 5 MPH winds when she gets wound up.

NOW for the catching. Hope its great for EVRYONE!!! See you all on the Lake!

Well, I want to say Thanks to all of the BRATS , family and friends that showed up for our fall gathering at Bear Lake on Saturday. We had a Beautiful day for fishing and the Pot Luck dinner was outstanding as usual. The fishing wasn't as good as we all had hoped for, but there were some nice Cutty' s caught. It was really good to see you all , some I haven't seen in a while ( Dallas ) LOL. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in the Spring hopefully for another great gathering. Thanks again everyone.

I wondered if anyone was going to post a report. No photos? Heck, a picture of a brat and a cold beer even! LOL!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Sorry Dave , I wasn't one of the Lucky ones that caught any fish this time and as for the Brats , well they were great as usual.

OK, here you go if you really need a picture

That cutt was the only fish Roger and I managed, though it happened to come in on my pole. I had to add the 'vignette' look to get rid of Roger's thumb image in one corner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0882.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	7696  
    Last edited by smokepoles; 10-20-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Here is my picture. This one was a keeper and I am looking forward to dinner tonight. The weather was really nice and it was great visiting with everyone, especially the guy I haven't seen in years, Dan . Anyway, as I told my wife, the fishing was slow, but it was a great trip with great weather and a nice dinner with everyone. Included is a picture of the many pans of filets from this spring also. I did fish kokes heavy this year. Looking forward to spring Cutt fishing in Feb.
    Attachment 7697Attachment 7698
    Last edited by gonefishing; 10-21-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    OK, here you go if you really need a picture

That cutt was the only fish Roger and I managed, though it happened to come in on my pole. I had to add the 'vignette' look to get rid of Roger's thumb image in one corner
    Those cell phones take good pictures but don't give a descent enough handle to hold it with. I thought my thumb was out of the way. That was a nice 5lb native cutty. The feed afterwards was great.

Dallas,
    You look skinny and that fish looks fat. Glad all had a good time and made the most of it.

Yeah,Roger, I still get my thumb in the way all the time and should know better. It is a combination of a no 'handle', where they put the lens, and not being able to see the screen real well out in the light. Ya just shoot and take your chances.

Actually, I thought the pic turned out real well.

Thanks again for the ride.

Gonefishing, I can not open your attachments. I had trouble with my original attachment too though it worked OK from my home computer,

Attachment 7699Here goes another try on the pictures. I think this computer needs to be replace with a newer more up to date one.

NICE fish/pic smokepoles!!

was great seeing everyone that made it
    I just know stuff...

OK YOU BEAR LAKE GROUPIES. It is time to think, pre spring, Bear Lake overnight Fishing Trip. The best fishing will be from the dark of the moon and the following week during the months of March and April. If you are all up for the early catch Cutt's Fest, lets start chiming in and see how much interest that there will be. Those with RV's can maybe sleep some of those with out RV's, Just a thought! Lets start yammering and vet this idea out, GOOD? Bad? Thought.

Come May I am going to be chasing Chinooks and Kokanee. My boat is fueled and ready to go. If someone is interest in a freshwater Chinook assault in Idaho, PM me!

I'm interested , weather permitting.

I hope to be visiting Utah in late April or early May. Maybe I can meet you guys on some body of water.

Can't wait myself. I'm in.

For those interested. The Best weekend in March will be March 20th to the 22nd. For April, the 24th to the 26th for those interested. I am planning to be at the lake both of those weekends.
    Obviously, subject to weather conditions. I will be there unless the wind is up.

I will be there this coming Friday February 6th.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

I'm liking the 24th -26th Of April.

Well, I'm still boatless, but might be able to talk my buddy into bringing his. It'd be a darn good excuse for him to get it out of mothballs for the summer.

Had several things come up that have delayed serious boat browsing. Now my wife says she wants a RV trailer, so might have that before a boat because once she decides she wants something

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12