Thread: Loon Lake Sat 6/21

Default Loon Lake Sat 6/21

The wife and I decided to head out early in the morning and do a daytime mission at Loon Lake. She's not a real big fan of the nighttime fishing so daytime trolling it was! I really did not have big expectations because in the past trolling has yielded a half dozen, maybe 10 kokes per outing where as the night time method of lights and glow hooks almost always yields a limit.

Boy was I wrong!

By the time we were putting the first line in the water it was 6:05 AM. Wife's not very good with the downrigger so I set up her downrigger rod first. Started to set up my downrigger and bang, fish on the first one and it hadn't been in the water 30 seconds.

Eventually I did get all four of our rods in the water but we wound up with three double hook ups, and one triple hook up at one point.

At about 9:15 AM we had limited out with 20, 10 to 11 inch kokanee in the live well.

The fish were consistently striking at 25 feet. I don't think we ever had more than a 10 minute break between strikes.

I used the same rig on all four rods. It was a hot pink spinner, wedding ring type of style, that I made myself. Had a 15 inch leader above the spinner with a silver and hot pink 4/0 dodger. I also had the spinners tipped with cured corn and maggots.

Absolutely deadly, but a heck of a lot of fun. There are certainly bigger kokes in other lakes but the action would be hard to match that you can find here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	7413
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	7412
    I fish therefore I am.

Lund Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    Minnkota Trolling Motors
    Lowrance Electronics
    Lamiglas Rods
    Abu Garcia Reels
    Mack's Lures
    Yakima Bait Co. Lures
    Cannon Downriggers & Rod Holders

Hi Brisco,
    Nice to see you whacked them in the daytime. Night fishing is sure a hoot though!
    Tight lines - Alan