Thread: Paulina lake reports

Default Paulina lake reports

Were heading up to Paulina on Tuesday June 3. Any tips on what is shakin? We stay at Little Crater C.G. near the hot springs trail head. VW Eurovan with '16 Gregor(y) and Yamaha 20.

I was up there on Wed june 4. We limited out jigging... fish were between 11-14" and caught off the bottom in 60-80' of water. Try the shelf on the north side west of the red slide. Also, check out the drop off on the west end running north to south out from the lodge. Corn scented with koke special and garlic both worked. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you Silver Bullets. All is well down on the Umpqua, but there is nothing like Paulina. Aloha

Hey there Fishonfarmer I see that you are from the Umpqua river area I am heading down to Sawyers rapids campground for the weekend of June 19-21 just wondering if you know if the shad are still around and are the summer steelhead in the river yet? Sorry about the change of subject..

Hey Lund troller.
    Shad are all gone. Good run this year. Quick but a lot of action. The small mouth bass are on the big bite right now. Should continue to get better. They were still catching a few springers about 10 days ago down at sawyers. my friend bob has nailed a few nice fish down there lately. Summer steelhead are being caught on the North Umpqua right now. Small mouth bass are your best bet. Give me a call. Im right off of hwy 38 west of Elkton about 2 miles. I will email you my phone number. aloha. gregory

Does Paulina, Crescent, and Detroit have Kokanee in them? Oregon regs do not state it? If they do have Kokes are they limits of 5 considered part of trout bag? Thanks.
    "The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."

Good morning, I can only speak for Paulina and it does have Kokanee. The limit is a combined limit of 5 fish. The Trout must be fin clipped to keep. Remember that Paulina is a 10 mile an hour maximum speed limit. Good luck, probably see you up there next week. Aloha

Here is a convenient resource to check out what is shaking in Oregon: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/index.asp.

Thanks folks
    "The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."

I've caught kokes in Paulina and Crescent...and according to Gary Lewis' Oregon Lake Maps & Fishing Guide, Detroit also has kokanee but I've never fished there.

Paulina 7/24...
    We limited out by 10am... all caught jigging. The drop-off out from the resort was showing ALOT of fish.... hard to keep hooked up though. We lost at least 20 either halfway up or right at the boat. They averaged 10-12"... dark red meat. Best producing jig was from the dark-side collection. Both garlic and koke special corn worked... jigs smeared with koke special gel. Cold morning... 32 degrees on the way up the road and ice on the dock... glad we wore the long johns!

Thanks Silver Bullets, I'm looking to go up perhaps Monday for a few days. I'm unfamiliar with the "dark-side" collection of Kokanee jigs. Can you explain? Thanks again for the tip. Aloha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonfarmer View Post
    Thanks Silver Bullets, I'm looking to go up perhaps Monday for a few days. I'm unfamiliar with the "dark-side" collection of Kokanee jigs. Can you explain? Thanks again for the tip. Aloha.
    here ya go...
    http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/f...ures-effective

Nice looking jigs and apex. You do good work. I will copy a few and give em a go. Aloha.

Hey there fishonfarmer we talked back in the middle of June about fishing at sawyers rapids I tried to call you but we had no cell service there and you were going hali fishing.Well shad fishing was a no go,did a little bass fishing only caught small ones.Brought out the side planer and landed a 3-4 pounder on a mag lip who would have thought.Changed plug and lost a nice salmon that broke me off it took the plug also.There was a guy who landed a nice salmon the night before he was in a boat running plugs that is were I got the idea to get the side planer out not sure when I will be able to get back there but I will have to keep an eye on the levels since I can only bank fish.But I will be back for next years salmon ,shad run lets try to keep in touch thanks again