Thread: Green Peter on Tuesday

Default Green Peter on Tuesday

Launched at Whitcomb. Sometimes I feel like a lumberjack having to move floating logs out of the way to launch. Take waders. On the water at 5:30 and started at the Whitcomb Arm, using dodgers and spinner hoochies with some white . Immediately caught 3 at 30 feet and last three more. The bite seemed to die after that. A couple of throwbacks by the island and up another arm. Fish are scattered and the water is high. Finally comfortable using my electric down riggers, so the day was successful in that regard. No one else seemed to be doing that great. One guy was fishing an arm and had eight between 35 and 40 feet. Lots of shallow trout bites. Took a limit home for my widow neighbors. A more experienced fisherman would probably have done better.

sounds like you are improving every time you go out. as I am going out the whitcomb arm and getting every thing set up and catch at least 4 on the way out it is usually going to be a good day. I don't know why I don't stay there till they quit biting other than they are usually smaller than the ones in the main body and don't want to miss the bite out there. you said you were getting some new stuff to try, did you get to try it, and how did that do? dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Since I had no kokanee gear until recently I have been trying out different combinations. Early am I used a FWG White Lightning dodger and matching spinner. On my other downrigger I tried a Kokanee Creek brass leapin lizard dodger that has flecks of white and his white night splatter blade spinner about 12" behind the dodger. Lots of bites on that setup. When the white bite was gone, switched to pink set ups. Arrow fast pink dodger and one of the KC pink hoochies. Don't plan to add to my tackle until I learn to use what I have. I am thinking that Green Peter will improve as the lake stabilizes. Any areas of the lake that are more productive than others?

I plan to launch tomorrow at 0 dark thirty...film at 11.

Good luck, JLM!