Thread: YALE

Default YALE

Has anyone hit Yale yet this year?

Not yet. Perhaps tomorrow. Will post results if I go.

Going up tomorrow too. High Hopes
    ;-)

After fishing Merwin early I went up Yale. The water temp was 49 degrees in the Yale Park area. The fish were on attack mode and it didn't take long to add 6 more to the cooler and call it a day. I caught the fish at 25'. Typical size for Yale 9-10". Hope they make it to 12" this summer.

Default Yale report

Quote Originally Posted by BonkinKokes View Post
    After fishing Merwin early I went up Yale. The water temp was 49 degrees in the Yale Park area. The fish were on attack mode and it didn't take long to add 6 more to the cooler and call it a day. I caught the fish at 25'. Typical size for Yale 9-10". Hope they make it to 12" this summer.
    Just got back from Yale, it was a beautiful day got a little windy in the afternoon. Took the grand kids out knowing they would get bit at yale and they did. We kept 15 threw back a half dozen and lost at least a dozen so plenty of activity for the little ones. As usual the fish were of the 10 inch size but should smoke up just fine it'll make for some good snacks or might make up some kokanee dip with them yummmmm. any way a month from now they should be a little bigger try again then......bottom line it was worth the trip...a fun day on the water

Its a great place to fish. Especially with kids. I'm gonna buy a micro-lite outfit and try them off the downriggers. I think it will be a blast battling those Yale scrapers.

Default Yale Silver Bullets

After some fast action at Merwin I headed up to Yale for some more fun. The wind was blowing out of the West so I ran down the lake towards the end of the clay banks. Got set up and it didn't take long for those silver bullets to start biting. I found the fish in 100' of water. The water temp was 60 so I sent the gear to 30'. I was using a silver with red stripe RMT dodger and my version of Bill Herzog's rasticle. Those Yale kokes love the rasticle. I caught 6 fish which measured 9-10".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06042014.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	7249  

Fought the wind most of the day but got some good eats for the BBQ
    Attachment 7298Attachment 7298Attachment 7298
    Grab yourself a Koke

Fathers Day. 160 inches of Kokanee. Caught 16 a limit for Yale Res. and lost 9. Had a good day
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps4f36478f.jpg
    Last edited by plugs; 06-18-2014 at 05:36 AM.
    Grab yourself a Koke

Default Merwin Biters

I bet it looked like this under your boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YaleBiters.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	7353  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2028.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	7370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2032.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	7371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2028.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	7370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2032.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	7371After Merwin I headed up to Yale. I figured if its mainly going to be small fish from Merwin I might as well get up to Yale. So boat back on the trailer and up to Yale. As usual the Yale kokes did not disappoint. I had been wanting to try an ulta-lite outfit on the Yale kokes I had my chance. It was a hoot. The only down side is the retrieval ratio on such a small reel. The ratio is 4:1. Anyway the Yale fish ran 9-10". Again they liked the RMT dodger in silver with a red stripe and Herzog's rasticle. Merwin fish on the left and the 2 upper right.
    Last edited by BonkinKokes; 06-19-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Made it up to Yale again this weekend. Found a few bigger size fish down about 35 feet. Attachment 7402
    Grab yourself a Koke

Up at Yale again today. Had 16 and lost 9. Was off the water by noon.

Name:	100_2956.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	7445
    Last edited by plugs; 06-29-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    Grab yourself a Koke

Took the kids today 3 limits in 3 hours. What a great time!

Got off work came home and started watching a movie, next thing I knew it was daylight. Couldn't go to sleep headed Yale lake. Caught another limit of Kokanee and was home by lunch time. Between weekend warriors, vacationers and the 3 day weekend people the drive from Yale to Woodland almost took a hour at 30 MPH

Name:	100_2955.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	7466
    Last edited by plugs; 07-08-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: no pic
    Grab yourself a Koke

After a fast morning at Merwin I headed up to Yale. It was on fire. I spent more time launching,retrieving and transiting than I did fishing for 6 mini-chromers. The Yale fish are definitely fattening up. While I haven't caught any at 12", more 11.5" fish are showing up in the catch. I marked fish from 40-55'. I found 50' produced the bigger fish. Yale is down to 479'. Watch out for the stumps.

Hit Yale this morning. Wind was blowing pretty good all morning and it took me till 1:00 to limit today. Drift boats and wind on open water kinda suck LOL.
    Only had one that was tickling the 12 inch mark today but like Bonkinkokes said they are fattening up real nice.
    Attachment 7539
    Grab yourself a Koke

Took the new boat up to the lake today to do the 4 hour break in on the new motor then got in a little fishing. No skunk the 1st day out LOL. Caught a limit and got the haddies off the lake. There was a sail boat club up there with about 80-100 boats.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Grab yourself a Koke

plugs, I see the fish but where's the ceremonial blood? LOL!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

On the floor, front deck and the back of one of the seats LOL
    Grab yourself a Koke

Some nice looking bright fish. Stay at it only a few weeks left.

Got out on Yale this morning. Kinda weird day. The fish were staged in 3 different depth ranges. Most were in the 60-70 ft. depth. Then there were a bunch in the 40-47 ft. range and in the 24-30 ft. depth. The good biters were in the 24-30 ft. depth. After spending 4 hours trying to target those fish at 45 and then at 65 with only 4 fish in the box I went shallow on the 25 ft. fish and limited in a 45 min. of Chinese firedrill bite after bite. (note to self: Don''t EVER forget the shuttle hawks ever again) 6 of them were over 12 inches and 1 was in spawning colors.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Grab yourself a Koke