Thread: Cascade

Default Cascade

Looking for some info, thinking about heading up Sunday. Anyone been up? Thanks

I would be interested to know as well. Maybe Tackle Tom's could shed some light on the subject?

Last I heard was trout biting on perch colored lures, no coho or kokanee info though. That was from tackle toms

Heading up this week will post up a report.

I hit the lake last sunday. I was going to troll for trout, had never heard anything about Kokanee being in Lake Cascade. Only place there was an open camp site was Sugerloaf, so we put the boat in there. Guy in the next campsite had 2 fish in his boat the evening we arrived. An over 5 lb trout and a nearly 5 lb kokanee. I have never seen a 5 lb koke, so I was pretty excited.

We went out with long lines and downriggers. Lots of fish on the finder, both at 8-12 foot and at 34 foot. Put out lines at both depths. You could see the darn fish slicing after the downriggers on the finder, but it wasn’t until a hour or so in that a trout hit. We were trolling kokanee rigs, and trying any color, look combo we could think of - 5 lb koke is too hard to resist! Ended up with no kokanee at end of day but several over 20 inch trout hitting the kokanee rigs down at 35 feet. When we switched to trout rigs we stopped getting fish altogether. So you got me. I am going to try again for a few days in a couple weeks.

Hope others have luck and can tell me how to go about it.

Rick
    Last edited by ricks; 06-24-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Hey Ricks was the 5 lber a kokanee or a coho salmon ? Ive heard of some 18 & 19 inch kokes in cascade but not 5. I have caught 5 lb coho there before though. Would be great if they had some pig kokes in there now !!

Fraid I only saw it only after he'd cleaned and beheaded. And then not up real close. So sure could have been a coho. Sure hope it was a big Koke!!!

Rick

I'd bet money it was a coho. Cascade used to produce quite a few large coho. I lost one like that last year at the boat. Good to hear they are still around. F and G planted them again a couple of years ago

Attachment 7423 It's possible it was a Koke....we would occassionally pull these out of there 3 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Fraid I only saw it only after he'd cleaned and beheaded. And then not up real close. So sure could have been a coho. Sure hope it was a big Koke!!!

Rick
    Ok ! Wish you could have had a better look at it ! The coho have always been hard to get and somewhat slow fishing.

Would love to see some gaint kokes in there.

Metalheadgene I cant see your pic maybe wrong attachment on your end ? Would like to see it.

Attachment 7431 does this work......

Not for me anyway !

not for me either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7160305.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	7432 Here we go again.?

The big picture link worked for me. Nice Koke!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

That one works !

Nice!

I want a few of those.

R

Yeah Thats a dandy !

Hoping to get up there and fish this afternoon and tomorow if the weather doesnt totally crap out.

Headed to Cascade sunday for a few days of fishing. Anyone had any recent luck fishing for kokes? ANd if so, any thoughts on location? I have exactly one day experience fishing on Cascade, makes me pure rookie. Mighty big lake to roam around.

Thanks!

Rick